playback from event popup

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

playback from event popup

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 have you used the popup playback?

So I have some of my cameras to send message and that does to ASP and then ASP on some will show a Reel and I click playback and get nothing does yours work? Anyone?

What is the use of the feature if it won't playback from the popup?

Yes there are events on the MSD card of I go to playback and do a search.
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: playback from event popup

Post by jack7 »

I'm not sure what you mean by camera sends message to ASP, and don't know about a "Reel".
The following screenshot shows how I set up ASP Event to popup a Playback whenever motion detect occurs on a camera. The popup playback will immediately appear and playback anywhere you are in Windows if ASP is active.
popup playback.JPG
popup playback.JPG (122.27 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry I just know that you use ASP more then I and thought you might know. Here is what I am talking about.
Screenshot (2544).png
Screenshot (2544).png (157.37 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Removed and added first one of the next post. I could delete this and add text but when I tried to edit and add it failed so new post with 2546 with error that was missing in 2545
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Anyway normally with other hardware I have if you click on the one with the Record wheel it will playback the item recorded. However if we look at the time and the time it was done recording that translates to the recorded event if I look at the cameras MSD.. So lets say I was away, I got my Popup as expected and when I come back I want to playback rather then making me have to search for the event and tonight is easy because that event was caused by the IR of my 850eb. Normally there could be many events that I would have to sift though to find one I want. However being able to click it like I can again different hardware and it playsback when I click this event I get a message that there was not event.. So I am wondering if there is a flaw in ASP where it is doing end time and not the event time and that is why it can't find the event? Note really a Problem just asking..
Screenshot (2546).png
Screenshot (2546).png (41.58 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Screenshot (2547).png
Screenshot (2547).png (79.1 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Well, I fould the wheel icon over on Event Log. To play , the device name on icon adjacent right side must be clicked.(??) It plays a Local recording, Not SD card.
Over on Playback, Local and SD card recordings can be played. Start and stop times seem to be wierd everywhere. Overall, I think it's a mess.
I went to another PC with SmartPSS and it seemed to do the times right. It appears PSS is a little newer version but is still old.
I can see where this feature could be useful but I'm not using it.