pc-nvr won't record

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
GTvert90

pc-nvr won't record

Post by GTvert90 »

I've done everything I can think of. Does it require any ports to be forwarded? I've updated the software, readded camera via ip though the first time i set it up I scanned the QR code, I've given it a whole SSD allocated to it. Camera records to the SD Card fine. for the life of me I can't get the PCNVR to record. Very frustrated at the moment.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: pc-nvr won't record

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I am not sure what all have you done in ASP to get things going? But I am going to guess that you have it Setup and have PC-NVR down in right corner setup to start Auto? I have mine turned off now because I found ASP/PC-NVR was messaging up my Camera Times changing it from my setup that I want of Month, day year and 12hr back to the normal setup... I have not had this issue since I removed ASP from my setup...

Anyway after you have your cameras installed in ASP, then you have to setup your PC-NVR, setup how much space for the PC-NVR to record at what folder and then setup the camera and the times you want it to record if you want Motion or Record full time. Then I rebooted my Computer double checked that the Icon for PC-NVR was set for Auto Run and the Splash screen comes on after reboot showing that PC-NVR is loading up... I let it go for an hour and then I looked over the system to make sure it was running..
Be Safe.
GTvert90

Post by GTvert90 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:53 pm Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I am not sure what all have you done in ASP to get things going? But I am going to guess that you have it Setup and have PC-NVR down in right corner setup to start Auto? I have mine turned off now because I found ASP/PC-NVR was messaging up my Camera Times changing it from my setup that I want of Month, day year and 12hr back to the normal setup... I have not had this issue since I removed ASP from my setup...

Anyway after you have your cameras installed in ASP, then you have to setup your PC-NVR, setup how much space for the PC-NVR to record at what folder and then setup the camera and the times you want it to record if you want Motion or Record full time. Then I rebooted my Computer double checked that the Icon for PC-NVR was set for Auto Run and the Splash screen comes on after reboot showing that PC-NVR is loading up... I let it go for an hour and then I looked over the system to make sure it was running..
I have pc-nvr setup to auto run.

I have allocated 200gb to pc-nvr.
added the camera
nvr is added under devices
I have my camera set to general and motion for 24/7 recording

I went into settings and changed the record and capture locations, even though I'm not sure if that matters. ( I tried it both ways)
I'm really at a loss. Its frustrating me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not saying this is an issue but I wonder if maybe it could be an issue? Have you tried it on a HDD rather then a SSD? I wonder if it has Hardware coding in the software that looks for hdd spin? I don't know just thinking out loud.
Be Safe.
GTvert90

Post by GTvert90 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:43 pm I am not saying this is an issue but I wonder if maybe it could be an issue? Have you tried it on a HDD rather then a SSD? I wonder if it has Hardware coding in the software that looks for hdd spin? I don't know just thinking out loud.
Interesting. That's all the computer I'm testing it out on has. I'm sure I have a HDD I can test with somewhere though
GTvert90

Post by GTvert90 »

Another thought that I haven't tested yet. My camera is on the 5ghz band. Could this be causing it?

Currently trying the ASP beta software.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't think that would be an issue for working in the PC-NVR... the 5g would be already connected with your router and the ability to see the camera... But it is Beta software so anything could be an issue... Maybe try 2.4 see if that cures it.. I know the 2.4 will give better range but 5g has faster connections... I would think 5g for recording would be better in my thoughts anyway...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

PC-NVR works ok for me with ASP BETA.
PC-NVR can be a little tricky setting up.
Quotes from your earlier post with a few tips:

"I have allocated 200gb to pc-nvr.
added the camera
What model Camera are you using?
nvr is added under devices"
I have my camera set to general and motion for 24/7 recording"
Is the recording schedule set up in PC-NVR? It's called Regular and MD in PC-NVR ASP BETA.

"I went into settings and changed the record and capture locations, even though I'm not sure if that matters. ( I tried it both ways)"
The settings in the camera settings Storage section shouldn't matter. You may get more accurate PC-NVR MD recordings if you don't do SD card recording at the same time.

Do enable and Setup Event/Motion Detection if you want PC-NVR MD records.
After setting up PC-NVR in ASP, etc., you may need to restart PC-NVR to get it going.