PC-NVR playback crashes ASP.

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
longedge
Site Admin

PC-NVR playback crashes ASP.

Post by longedge »

I've found that ASP crashes every time under certain circumstances which are:-

1. Both ASP and PC-NVR installed and running.
2. Playback option selected in ASP and search through video recordings.
3. Select and play final item from list of available recordings allowing it to run to the end of the recording.
3. Don't manually close playback, leave the final frame displayed on screen.
4. After 1-2 minutes ASP crashes but leaves PC-NVR process running.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Corvette

Re: PC-NVR playback crashes ASP.

Post by Corvette »

I can confirm this as well. I was noticing random ASP crashes, researched and found this thread. My symptoms and recreation steps exactly match the OP.

I seldom close a running playback, and I suspect my random crashes are due to the PC-NVR timing out and self-destructing as indicated.

I hope development can fix this easily recreatable bug.
Don352

Post by Don352 »

Amcrest I unfortunately downloaded the latest version of Amcrest View Surveillance pro on my new laptop and come to find out it doesn’t even work properly? Several threads have confirmed this as the PCNVR part does not work which is a big fail because I need to use it to record all my cameras will you guys get your shit together and get this fixed!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Wait What? Get what Together? on a Laptop? I mean I am sorry you feel the way you do.. Your mad that a FREE software that Amcrest gives with or without even owning Amcrest camera free download here on there website and What is the Expectation? For me And only for me I don't Speak for them YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

There are so many companies out there that don't even offer a PC-NVR or some way to record outside of a NVR or DVR why because they other Companies want you to buy the HARDWARE...

Then your mad about a Product that isn't even in Production that came out just before this Pandemic and all the people in the state that Amcrest is at was made to go home, have no job, or what ever and I don't know there was the First Version 1.4.1 or something without looking at it that while might not work for people with Multi IP on 1 computer that don't stop the thing from working on other computers...

Wait ASP PC-NVR that take a GOOD large computer with good hardware for something good to run for a while.. I mean I have it working on my computer I don't like it but use it with my ASH21 for testing... However I HATE ASP and PC-NVR... I have many Recorders...

So you said Unfortunately you download the latest Version then download one that works try the 1.4 or what ever one that isn't in BETA and go to town.. On a LAp TOP NEW Or old there are so many things.. I mean my Laptop has 3 year old 7700 chip with 16gig of ram and 1050 video card and I wouldn't use it for running PC-NVR I have it working on my Desktop that runs 24/7 that is wired to my Network, that I don't have to worry about wifi issues and things that can make recording videos an issue...

Buy an NVR problem solved...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
miltonsheen4

Post by miltonsheen4 »

Well I do own Amcrest Cams and would be nice to view them on my PC and this Program is junk runs once and crashes on 64 Bit PC, very unhappy about it!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@miltonsheen4 Sorry to hear your having some issues.. First Welcome to the Forum

Now about the ASP and your computer crashing I am not sure what type of computer your using or your setup, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU and all the goods.. I have had mine working in many different Grades of computers and even on a computer with 8gb ram on a ITX MB and built in CPU and it works in that computer well enough.. No not as clean as my i7 computers running 32gb ram 25split, but still stable enough to view 4 cameras at a time...

Outside of that great thing about most of Amcrest CCTV cameras is they are able to be viewed over the WebUI.

Sorry you feel Amcrest software is junk, I personally don't need to use it and before the latest release I didn't like it much either.. Since the new Version is out I have Removed Dahua Version and only use Amcrest one now. V2.003 not sure what version is out there but that one for me has been Stable even able to run Multi systems to View at 1 time.. I have ran mine at a different Split but the most common one today I run on the 25 camera split.. On this computer with 2014 i7 and 32gb ram and 4gb Video card my computer runs at about 20% for both CPU and Ram. Trying to run this split on my 8gb computer the camera will crash with much over 4 cameras..

Also when it comes to computers and why I personally don't like ASP because there are so many things that can happen in the Background and people don't get the system time enough or try to work with ASP while there is much other things running in the background.. 90% of my systems are Bloatware free, I run Win10 Pro 64 on most of them a few of them I do run Win10 Home only because it was what it came with. However first thing I do is a System restore removing all Bloatware and only running Core Windows before adding in my own software I use..

So anytime a Computer is doing a Background update or the system isn't running well because of Bloatware or something that they DL or was installed it will and can effect the computers ability to run most any software..

I prefer to keep my cameras working on NVR's and DVR's only time they are doing anything outside what they were designed to do (Record and View your cameras data) is when you tell it to because of a new Update.. SO you know and are in Control.. With Computer there are just to many issues that can come about.. Even not having a good enough PSU can effect your computers ability to work well... CPU Heat, computer Heat all kinds of things..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe