PC-NVR only recording 1 day..

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
McDx

PC-NVR only recording 1 day..

Post by McDx »

Hi all. I'm new here, thank you for having me. I installed 3 IP5M-B1186EW cameras lately and because someone ripped one of my building I decided to use PC-NVR. I allocated 250GB from 500GB drive. Set up the record schedule to record all week all the time. But when I go to playback it only has about 24 hours of video to view. I see two little blue dots in April 12th and 11th. But if I click April 10 it says "no record" So confused. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Schedule.png
Schedule.png (536.12 KiB) Viewed 7543 times
24hours.png
24hours.png (142.68 KiB) Viewed 7543 times
Playback.png
Playback.png (374.93 KiB) Viewed 7543 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR only recording 1 day..

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum..

First I would double check that your system or camera are not setup with Delete after 2 days.. Oddly enough it don't really delete the data after 2 days just makes it so you can't access it after 2 days...

Outside of that I am not sure what it could be unless recording for 2 days at the Encoding rate would use 250gb of space?!?

In the Camera it would be under the Setup, System and Auto Maintain area of the camera..
Automaintain.png
Automaintain.png (103.27 KiB) Viewed 7540 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

McDx wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:57 pm Hi all. I'm new here, thank you for having me. I installed 3 IP5M-B1186EW cameras lately and because someone ripped one of my building I decided to use PC-NVR. I allocated 250GB from 500GB drive. Set up the record schedule to record all week all the time. But when I go to playback it only has about 24 hours of video to view. I see two little blue dots in April 12th and 11th. But if I click April 10 it says "no record" So confused. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
McDc,
Look at the records list on the right side of your third screenshot.   One camera records about 45MB/ minute or 2.7GB/ hour.  So three identical cameras would total 8.1GB/hour.  Your allocated 250GB would hold about 30 hours which is about what you are experiencing.  You would need about 1400GB to hold one week of recordings.
PC/NVR will overwrite the oldest records after your space runs out if that's what you specified on PC/NVR HDD Manager screen.  Camera Auto Maintain settings do not apply to PC/NVR.
McDx

Post by McDx »

Ahhh. That makes sense. Looks like I'll need a 4TB drive :o

Thank you so much..