PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
nyclouie

PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Post by nyclouie »

everything was working fine until i updated my ip2m-841 camera firmware. i can still see live streams on the cameras but now it doesnt show a live stream nor record under my PC-NVR tab.

what i did so far.
1. hard reset the camera- same results
2. uninstall amcrest software and reinstall - same results
3. add/remove pc-nvr device and space allocation and re-add it back (i do see the streams when adding the cameras here but that was in all the scenarios)-same results
4. called tech support TWICE! - what they did - add and remove pc-nvr device.. 5x... no result.
claimed they will add my name and number for a callback from the houston tech support level 3 or what not and still have not heard back.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (95.16 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry your having some problems after an update. Please remember at times update in FW and issues that are found can be Unique by every user. With that said there maybe some issue at times on how long it takes for our names and number to make it to the Higher Tech. It isn't that they don't want to help it might be there are others in a long line of issues and your name is added to that cue...

I had a call in one time and after a day and then the weekend of waiting I was about to give up and call it my own problem when I got the call. After some time the problem was fixed something easy I over looked. After little more help some extra things that I didn't even think of was also offered and I was very happy with the End Result and was worth every second of my wait...

So while it isn't very helpful right now. It might be they want to run some in house test to get your result before they make contact so they know where to help with your problem... However if it was something that has happened a few times or many times before then there is no need for a Moc up and would be able to get to you as soon as your name is in turn....

If there is no other Recording being done I would maybe do a Manual Record. However I don't know if there is a time limit on that...
Be Safe.
peter89

Post by peter89 »

Hi. I had the same problem after updater IP2M-841 to the newest firmware. I have called the tech 4 time but they could not fix it and said the high tech will call me back but never get a call from them.
Finally i figured out how to fix the problem by downgrade the firmware for IP2M-841 to 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29.
Here where i found the firmware https://amcrest.com/forum/beta-testing- ... 12644.html
Hope this will help everybody.
nyclouie

Post by nyclouie »

yeah that was going to be my next step. downgrading the Firmware. thank you for post
nyclouie

Post by nyclouie »

confirmed. the 2017 firmware does bring it back to working condition.
James.S

Post by James.S »

We are working heavily on resolve this issue as well as bringing a new updated version of Surveillance Pro out with updated features and functionality.
JonS

Post by JonS »

I have the same problem with IP2M-841B - PC-NVR was working fine with out-of-the-box firmware. I upgraded to the latest firmware from the AMCREST website, exported settings, reset to factory defaults, imported settings I had previously exported. PC-NVR no longer worked. The solution in this thread of going back to the older firmware no longer is available because the older firmware isn't there anymore.

I have re-installed Amcrest Surveillance Pro/PC-NVR from scratch but PC-NVR still has no recordings. I can add the camera to PC-NVR and I see a valid thumbnail snapshot in the PC-NVR Remote Device screen. The recording plan for PC-NVR and for the camera both show Regular and Motion Detection enabled all day and every day. I have released and re-allocated PC-NVR disk space on multiple drives but that didn't help.

The camera event log shows that motion detection events are being triggered, but there is no saved video anywhere. I am able to make local recordings but they stop recording after about 30 minutes, so that isn't a reasonable alternative.

The original firmware that came with the camera was something with 520 in the name, and I think from 2017. Is it available anywhere? The current version is 2.420.AC00.18.R 2019-8-3, and since this thread hasn't been updated for two months, I'd prefer just to go back to the old firmware.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

While this is not something that you want to hear right off. However there are warnings all over the NEW FW update that the Update is a Permanent. It is a JS Update and older FW is different programming all together.

While others have talked about going back to the old firmware I think they may have been mistaken. There are enough people out there that have tried and bricked the camera trying...

I have a White 841 bought with NEW Firmware installed NEW. because of testing I bought a New OLD Stock Black 841
that came Sealed Stock with 2.420.AC00.17.R, Build Date: 2017-03-22 I am going to guess that maybe just maybe some people that think they went back to the Black 841 current FW 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29. May not have went back however went forward. The camera did the update to the 2.520 a day or 2 after I clicked check for update. Log in popup with NEW Firmware. I honestly thought it was going to install the new from Aug 2019 and was pleased to see it didn't so I still have one with old and one with new.

In my mind and minds of others that I have talked with on the matter the FW numbering scheme is confusing and can be very dangerous for the health of the cameras. Without looking at the Whole numbers seeing one it shows build date. However if you don't look at that or see the 17.R and new one is 18.R just dated 2019 then looking at the 2.520 it has the 18.R and so on..... SO it can be hard for someone that isn't really looking to see that 2.420.AC00.17.R isn't the same as the 2.420.AC00.18.R and why is there so many of the same off different FW numbers anyway.. I just bought I unknown POE 841 so with any luck it will come with the OLD FW.
Be Safe.
peter89

Post by peter89 »

Hi Revo2Maxx. Everybody want to update the new firmware for cameras and no one want their software use to record the camera stop working by the new firmware. The only way to make the PC_NVR Amcrest Surveillance Pro working is downgrade the firmware to the old one. We have no option do you understand. If you know how to make the Amcrest Surveillance Pro PC_NVR working with the new firmware please let us know. If not, please post the old firmware that compatible with Amcrest Surveillance Pro PC_NVR on the website so everybody can fix the problem.
I wish Amcrest always test the new firmware compatible with all the software they carry before push out to pubblic.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@peter89

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Not that this helps. I have my ASP running and deleted my NEW Firmware Camera from the list of devices.

I then reloaded my computer and ASP. Went and added the PC-NVR back to the Device list. Went online without issue. However it no longer lets me access the PC-NVR settings once I go to main menu and click the button under settings it comes up however everything is still grey and not even able to set HDD space or anything

So while it sounds good that going back to Older Firmware would make this work. I am not sure that is going to be a solution. Seeing I can't even get it to work with no new firmware cameras being in my list. I also Reinstalled my copy of ASP I am using 1.14.1 from 2016. SO not sure if there is an issue with my copy or if that is the current copy it is the one have saved on my Server.

Also as I already stated as the FIRMWARE update page states once the new FW is online the camera there is no way to go back to the old FW. it might be that you have an Old copy already saved on your computers download folder. However I would not try to go back to the older FW as Amcrest says it will more and likely Brick your Camera.

So for now while this don't help others. I use the built in DVR of the cameras and record to the MSD. In my case I also upload to my FTP server, and record 24/7 in a DVR that is able to work with my IP cameras. So with my setup I am able to have a back up if something fails. Like FTP server fills up, or the MSD card gets full and I forgot to change out Overwirte I know I always have something recording as long as the camera has power....
Be Safe.