PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
nyclouie

PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Postby nyclouie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 pm

everything was working fine until i updated my ip2m-841 camera firmware. i can still see live streams on the cameras but now it doesnt show a live stream nor record under my PC-NVR tab.

what i did so far.
1. hard reset the camera- same results
2. uninstall amcrest software and reinstall - same results
3. add/remove pc-nvr device and space allocation and re-add it back (i do see the streams when adding the cameras here but that was in all the scenarios)-same results
4. called tech support TWICE! - what they did - add and remove pc-nvr device.. 5x... no result.
claimed they will add my name and number for a callback from the houston tech support level 3 or what not and still have not heard back.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (95.16 KiB) Viewed 167 times

Revo2Maxx

Re: PC NVR not recording after camera firmware update

Postby Revo2Maxx » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry your having some problems after an update. Please remember at times update in FW and issues that are found can be Unique by every user. With that said there maybe some issue at times on how long it takes for our names and number to make it to the Higher Tech. It isn't that they don't want to help it might be there are others in a long line of issues and your name is added to that cue...

I had a call in one time and after a day and then the weekend of waiting I was about to give up and call it my own problem when I got the call. After some time the problem was fixed something easy I over looked. After little more help some extra things that I didn't even think of was also offered and I was very happy with the End Result and was worth every second of my wait...

So while it isn't very helpful right now. It might be they want to run some in house test to get your result before they make contact so they know where to help with your problem... However if it was something that has happened a few times or many times before then there is no need for a Moc up and would be able to get to you as soon as your name is in turn....

If there is no other Recording being done I would maybe do a Manual Record. However I don't know if there is a time limit on that...
A Lie is a Lie, no matter how big or Small. The Truth will set you Free
Secure you & your Future be Safe

James

peter89

Postby peter89 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:25 am

Hi. I had the same problem after updater IP2M-841 to the newest firmware. I have called the tech 4 time but they could not fix it and said the high tech will call me back but never get a call from them.
Finally i figured out how to fix the problem by downgrade the firmware for IP2M-841 to 2.520.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-06-29.
Here where i found the firmware https://amcrest.com/forum/beta-testing- ... 12644.html
Hope this will help everybody.

nyclouie

Postby nyclouie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 pm

yeah that was going to be my next step. downgrading the Firmware. thank you for post

nyclouie

Postby nyclouie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 pm

confirmed. the 2017 firmware does bring it back to working condition.

James.S
Site Admin

Postby James.S » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:06 pm

We are working heavily on resolve this issue as well as bringing a new updated version of Surveillance Pro out with updated features and functionality.
If you have any more questions or concerns about this product or other Amcrest products, Feel free to PM me or send an email to our support team https://amcrest.com/amcrestsupport.

- James.S

Return to “Amcrest Surveillance Pro”