PC-NVR not flagging Motion Detection

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
SchwannyT

PC-NVR not flagging Motion Detection

Post by SchwannyT »

Problem: My PC-NVR is recording video just fine, however its not flagging the motion detection areas as yellow.

System:
Camera: IP8M-2496E
NVR: Windows 7 PC running PC-NVR (ver 1.14.1)

When I log into the camera and check the logs I can see that it's putting events into the log. However when you look at the recordings, they are only green. I've tried changing the schedule to do event records, but it records nothing. When I set it on general it records all the time but doesn't show any motion marks on the video history (all green).

I have motion set on the camera and a region mapped out. I'm sure I'm missing a checkbox somewhere but haven't found it yet. Any ideas?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR not flagging Motion Detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

So do you have your system set like one of these pictures in your Record area? also can you confirm that you don't have it set to only record Motion at 0 time and record set for all time in other areas. Meaning looking at your Video Detect area then Motion Detection, is it Clicked to record motion. Then do you have the Grid set for where you want it to detect and what are the settings for Detection?
Screenshot (487).png
Screenshot (487).png (96.32 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
Screenshot (488).png
Screenshot (488).png (92.36 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

SchwannyT wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 am Problem: My PC-NVR is recording video just fine, however its not flagging the motion detection areas as yellow.

System:
Camera: IP8M-2496E
NVR: Windows 7 PC running PC-NVR (ver 1.14.1)

When I log into the camera and check the logs I can see that it's putting events into the log. However when you look at the recordings, they are only green. I've tried changing the schedule to do event records, but it records nothing. When I set it on general it records all the time but doesn't show any motion marks on the video history (all green).

I have motion set on the camera and a region mapped out. I'm sure I'm missing a checkbox somewhere but haven't found it yet. Any ideas?
I had a camera(IP2M-858) last year that showed green for MD events. So if using Regular and MD at the same time, you can't tell where the MD events are. New firmware corrected that. May not be your problem.

Make sure Event schedule, etc. is set.
Make sure the Record Plan in PC-NVR section is set up properly. Select camera at top, click on gear icon(s) at right, specify schedule, select Regular and/or MD there, and Save, and Save anywhere after that.
PC-NVR is capable of showing green and yellow at same time on same line.
SchwannyT

Post by SchwannyT »

Hey thanks for getting back to me so fast, I'm finally back to a place where I can work on this again.

I guess I'm getting confused on who is actually doing the schedule. The camera has a schedule, and the PC-NVR software has a schedule.
When I set the schedule on the PC-NVR to General and MD 24/7 then I just get yellow MD on all camera's all the time irregardless of motion on the camera. When I set it to General 24/7 then I only get Green general recording. When I set it to all then I just get the red Alarm recording constantly.
My Camera Motion settings:
camera settings.png
camera settings.png (146.18 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
PC-NVR settings
PC-NVR default settings.png
PC-NVR default settings.png (76.8 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
What I see when I search for recordings:
What I see.png
What I see.png (22.72 KiB) Viewed 2249 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I can't see enough of your screen to tell why, but your ASP Playback screen image should not have four time lines on it when you said you have one camera.

To just record General and MD events 24/7 for PC-NVR:

Use the Web UI for camera settings. There are more settings there and it's more accurate.
In camera Setup/Event/Video Detection/Motion Detect, click Enable and set up Schedule, Anti-Dither, and Detection Area. Leave everything else below there off. Set Motion Detect Schedule to 24/7.

In ASP PC-NVR Schedule, set it to General and MD 24/7.

In ASP Playback, select Cam 1 under PC-NVR. Search.
You should see green time line with yellow sections for MD. Click on Event to see list of events.

The above works for me (on Windows 10).
SchwannyT

Post by SchwannyT »

Thanks Jack for your reply, you should write manuals your instructions were so good!

First of all I actually have 7 cameras, but I figured if I could get it to work on one then I could make it work on all of them.

So I followed your instructions and while it didn't fix it I think it has started to point me in the right direction. It seems there is something wrong with my PC-NVR software. As I was going through your steps and setting the record plan on my PC-NVR I noticed that I had 4 "Unknown Channels" in my schedule list. Well after another 30 minutes of messing around I ended up removing all my cameras from PC-NVR's "Remote Device" list. And I still have 4 "Unknown Channels" in my "Record Plan" area that I can set a schedule for. I've tried uninstalling the PC-NVR software and reinstalling it and they are still there, even before I add any cameras.
Anyone know how to "Factory Reset" the PC-NVR?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

SchwannyT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:17 am Anyone know how to "Factory Reset" the PC-NVR?
You could try uninstalling ASP and PC-NVR, restarting PC, and reinstalling both.
Let me know how it goes.