PC-NVR issues with MD

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jhud14

PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by jhud14 »

Been fighting with this for a couple days now and have no where else to go.

Using PC-NVR on a windows 10 machine. Have 7 Amcrest cameras. Whenever motion is detected on one of them, it triggers motion on all cameras making it difficult for me to find which camera actually has the motion event. I have followed every single guide I can find on how to set this up properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, tried on another machine, and even tried other versions of this software (Flir Cloud Client, and Smart PSS) with all the same issues.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the channel each camera is set to record on. I only get one option which is channel 1.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Motion Snip 1.PNG
Motion Snip 1.PNG (8.93 KiB) Viewed 2440 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I would double check your options and make sure that it was not setup to record on all CH when motion is detected.. Right now my network is messed up so I can't look at my ASP computer ATM.. I know it is the same with all my other Amcrest Recorders and Dahua systems that I own so I am wondering if they also added it into the PC-NVR..

Motion page, There is a TICK box for Enable, then below there is options on what to do when motion is detected, then in that area is Record and boxes for 12345678 and so on.. On of the biggest mistakes is that people will check them all trying to get all channels to record at 1 point not understanding where the right record area is.. I am not saying this is what you did but either ASP and PC-NVR is setup Wack by Design or more then the normal channel has to be picked when motion is active.. Sadly I have mine set up for Full time recording as Backup to my Normal Recorded devices..
Be Safe.
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 pm Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I would double check your options and make sure that it was not setup to record on all CH when motion is detected.. Right now my network is messed up so I can't look at my ASP computer ATM.. I know it is the same with all my other Amcrest Recorders and Dahua systems that I own so I am wondering if they also added it into the PC-NVR..

Motion page, There is a TICK box for Enable, then below there is options on what to do when motion is detected, then in that area is Record and boxes for 12345678 and so on.. On of the biggest mistakes is that people will check them all trying to get all channels to record at 1 point not understanding where the right record area is.. I am not saying this is what you did but either ASP and PC-NVR is setup Wack by Design or more then the normal channel has to be picked when motion is active.. Sadly I have mine set up for Full time recording as Backup to my Normal Recorded devices..
At this point I am unsure as to why I only get 1 channel to pick from. This is how all of my cameras are set up at this time:
Attachments
Motion Snip 2.PNG
Motion Snip 2.PNG (53.68 KiB) Viewed 2436 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I just got a New Router in place for my Main network hardware and first thing before rebooting all my computers was went to the one with PC-NVR setup and sure enough your right It looks just like that with only 1 number option for Recording when Motion is detected.. So I am going to guess that it is a Software Fluke and maybe Amcrest has it in the works for a fix or maybe already have a different one out testing.. I know I read somewhere that someone on the forum here got a Copy of a different ASP and it might have been PSS I can't remember.. Age wasn't nice to my memory...
Be Safe.
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:15 pm Yes I just got a New Router in place for my Main network hardware and first thing before rebooting all my computers was went to the one with PC-NVR setup and sure enough your right It looks just like that with only 1 number option for Recording when Motion is detected.. So I am going to guess that it is a Software Fluke and maybe Amcrest has it in the works for a fix or maybe already have a different one out testing.. I know I read somewhere that someone on the forum here got a Copy of a different ASP and it might have been PSS I can't remember.. Age wasn't nice to my memory...
Smart PSS gives me the same issue with showing only one channel. Seems to me that it is a software bug and it carries over to all different version of it like Flir Cloud Client, ASP, and Smart PSS. Not sure what else to try at this point honestly. I have my cameras recording now with no motion so it records, but I have to look for events now. Hopefully someone figures this out.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well you could for the since of having a Time line kind of thing. I would setup your Amcrest View Pro App on your cell to push notice to you on motion.. While you might have it turned off to record on motion you can still setup a Push that will send your Cell a notice and then you can fall back on there to find out when things happen.. IF your cameras are working in IR at night might want to turn off getting them on your Sleep time because bugs can set off your motion and I don't like getting woke up to seeing a Cricket crawling on my Camera lens lol or Spiders.. So I have then off from 12 to 6am on my IR cameras the others are ok that are in color.. Not a Total Solution but an Idea to help some..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

What you want to do will work if you have Amcrest cameras conected directly to your LAN, and are using the current SmartPSS or probably Amcrest Surveillance Pro version 2 beta. It's not clear what cameras and network setup you have. The discussion of "channel number" sounds like you may have an external hardware NVR involved.

Here's some software you could try:
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13561.html
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

jack7 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:09 pm What you want to do will work if you have Amcrest cameras conected directly to your LAN, and are using the current SmartPSS or probably Amcrest Surveillance Pro version 2 beta. It's not clear what cameras and network setup you have. The discussion of "channel number" sounds like you may have an external hardware NVR involved.

Here's some software you could try:
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13561.html
I tried the beta with the same issues. What I am using is ASP PC-NVR on a windows 10 machine. I can not even get the recording to work with the other programs, but that is a different issue not related to this. The issue I am having is in PC NVR when one of my cameras detects motion, the timeline shows motion on all the camera timelines making it difficult to figure out which camera had the motion event. When I go to device settings for each camera, I only get channel 1 to choose from for motion events so all the cameras are putting motion on channel 1.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Try this:
Do not set up your camera Event in ASP like in the image you posted earlier.
Instead, use the Amcrest Web UI to set up Event for each camera. Make sure you enable Motion Detection and set up Schedule and Detection Area for each camera. There will be no channel number displayed there. The Record option there is just for what is set up in the Storage section of camera settings.
PC-NVR Regular and MD recordings work for me right now. You could still have other problems. Setting up PC-NVR can be tedious and error prone.
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

jack7 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:38 am Try this:
Do not set up your camera Event in ASP like in the image you posted earlier.
Instead, use the Amcrest Web UI to set up Event for each camera. Make sure you enable Motion Detection and set up Schedule and Detection Area for each camera. There will be no channel number displayed there. The Record option there is just for what is set up in the Storage section of camera settings.
PC-NVR Regular and MD recordings work for me right now. You could still have other problems. Setting up PC-NVR can be tedious and error prone.
I gave this a shot and this is what I found. If I go into the web GUI for each camera and set up the motion events, ASP will then have the check box ticked and act as if I set it up via ASP. The first screen shot is what ASP changes to after I make the changes in the cameras.

The timelines are now showing motion on all cameras. At this point I have only one camera enabled for motion events.
Attachments
Motion Snip 4.PNG
Motion Snip 4.PNG (56.85 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Motion Snip 3.PNG
Motion Snip 3.PNG (14.52 KiB) Viewed 2394 times