PC-NVR issues with MD

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome to hear you got things sorted out.. Sadly it can be a touch and go process with ASP at times but most times once it is working and if let to do it's job seems to work ok.. To be fair for me I wouldn't ever use it as a 100% only way of recording for Security.. There are to many things that can make this fail... But for Backup to get though a time I don't have a Stand alone Recorder setup like maybe my NVR breaks or I have a HDD fail in my Recorder and don't have a backup one at the time to Replace I could use ASP and PC-NVR to keep things going to keep a Record until a better solution is back in play...
Be Safe.
jhud14

Re: PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by jhud14 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am Awesome to hear you got things sorted out.. Sadly it can be a touch and go process with ASP at times but most times once it is working and if let to do it's job seems to work ok.. To be fair for me I wouldn't ever use it as a 100% only way of recording for Security.. There are to many things that can make this fail... But for Backup to get though a time I don't have a Stand alone Recorder setup like maybe my NVR breaks or I have a HDD fail in my Recorder and don't have a backup one at the time to Replace I could use ASP and PC-NVR to keep things going to keep a Record until a better solution is back in play...
Yep that is my plan for now. My NVR stopped working so I took the drives out of it, and threw them into a random machine I had laying around. I do plan on getting an NVR soon, but this will get me by.