PC-NVR issues with MD

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jack7

Re: PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by jack7 »

Something to check:
To record motion in PC-NVR, camera should be set up for motion detection using Web UI. Enable motion and set up schedule and detection area. Record does not need to be enabled there.

I should have something later on cpu %, etc.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WebUI camera is setup, and camera was setup in my NVR as it was setup in my Camera as well. When I loaded them on the NVR after removing from ASP they are back in play and working just as they were before I removed them..

Anyway Thanks for the info it might help others troubleshoot issues they are having and again I just wanted to post my Findings as a way to help others know using ASP on a Computer to monitor Cameras does put a load on the CPU, PSU and GPU along with Ram and Network... Yes I remember PC-NVR just recording take little to no CPU while it runs in the background as long as ASP isn't in the foreground displaying cameras

I am thinking about Setting up my FX4300 as a Full time ASP Monitor for 16 cameras.. I Should have asked my Son to send all my CCTV from the Garage that I took down.. Most of it is 720 or 1.3mp cameras. Also if I remember right there was a load difference at night as well.. Not just because the cameras use IR but because the load of the Image is larger and there is more data to process if my Old Memory serves me right...

I have noticed some odd things after connecting them back to my NVR however and will need to look over my settings lol.. It is night now and the cars going by are working in Slow Motion lol.. Wonder what it did to my FPS settings or something has changed.. Need to go work that out..

Thanks for all the info and help with others in this matter..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it took some time however the odd thing is it started working right after connecting the Cameras back to my NVR I thought what the Heck lets put them back on my ASP PC-NVR and see what happens The Camera that I had setup with Full record and Motion did give me the Green line and added in Motion Yellow.. Looking at the NVR and ASP there was 6 motions after connecting the cameras back that didn't record in ASP. I wonder if it has to do with me closing ASP and only leaving PC-NVR running? Anyway I looked over the Motion by going to the Top right, click on all and that unchecked all the boxes and then Clicked on motion and only the motion was in the list.. I did have only one issue with this and that is in the settings I setup to have it record each motion clip for 90 seconds and I have some clips that are 45 and less then the set 90.. For me and the way I have my cameras recording I like to have some record time past motion end time incase they are outside my camera view but audio can still be picked up...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Glad you got some PC-NVR working properly.

Observations regarding ASP2 CPU while viewing four 1080p cameras on my old slow PC:
VIEWS SET TO MAINSTREAM
20201013_091814.jpg
20201013_091814.jpg (3.57 MiB) Viewed 5392 times
VIEWS SET TO SUBSTREAM
20201013_091925.jpg
20201013_091925.jpg (3.3 MiB) Viewed 5392 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure how many people watch Live View at Sub or Extra settings.. That had me wondering something lol.. What is the load on IE looking at my NVR in 9CH mode with 9 cameras loaded in at Main?

I was shocked at the Results

Thanks for Posting the Real World on ASP with 4 cameras on your PC

Picture of my Screen shot of IE 9CH View 9 of my 16 cameras loaded in Main Stream My chrome being open with 10 pages loaded takes more CPU then my 1 IE with 9 Cameras loaded sure the IE needs GPU it is displaying camera footage...
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (60).png (234.26 KiB) Viewed 5390 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

On my lowly PC ASP2 with 1920x1080 monitor, I loaded the same cam twice. One set to main and other to sub with 9x16 scale. They look about the same to me in 4 view or 9 view. A sub view can be changed to main with right click if needed. In 9 view, views are loaded initially with sub by default. Are NVR cam views in IE nine view loaded sub by default?

Amcrest View Pro works fine with PC-NVR for the four cams. When View Pro starts, PC with only PC-NVR running goes up only 2% in total CPU use in task manager. Decoding done elsewhere.

I'm not sure how you concluded that
"Picture of my Screen shot of IE 9CH View 9 of my 16 cameras loaded in Main Stream My chrome being open with 10 pages loaded takes more CPU then my 1 IE with 9 Cameras loaded sure the IE needs GPU it is displaying camera footage..."
Task manager snapshot shows no CPU for any app/process listed on that page. Is it on another page?
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

I have been gone for a bit so I have not been able to post here. So just to update where I am at, I am still having issues with PC NVR detecting motion properly. I do not have a separate NVR on my network. To be honest I had an NVR until it recently stopped working and I do not have the money right now to buy a new one.

I have 5 Amcrest IP2M-852E cameras and PC NVR running on a windows machine. When one camera detects motion, it puts a yellow section on all camera recordings. I have the NVR set up to record 24/7, and then put yellow on the timelines when motion is detected. The cameras are telling the NVR there is motion. PC NVR is just not handling the motion events properly. I tried using the ASP beta, but it gave me tons of issues and was not worth messing with. I used Smart PSS, Flir Cloud Client, and ASP with all the same issues with motion. I am seeing posts in here where someone has had success with motion events being recorded properly on a per camera basis, so at this point it is either an issue with the software or how I have it set up. So I will explain as best as I can on how I have it set up.

I added all cameras into the devices page
I went into PC NVR and added all the cameras in the remote device section
My record plan is set to Regular 24/7 and Motion 24/7 (green and yellow all week)
As a test I only set up one camera for motion events for now.
In the GUI of Each camera I have set them up for Motion detection, Did not set it to record as mentioned earlier in this thread, Set the schedule for 24/7, and set up my detection area accordingly.

When I go back to play back the footage I am still getting motion events on all cameras even though as mentioned above I only have one camera set up for motion events right now.

I am at a loss here. I really want this to work as it is my most efficient way of doing this right now.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is very hard to say what is going on.. I personally don't like ASP but in a Bind like your talking about being in it is a great way...

So here is what I think is going on..

When you add your camera into ASP for some reason I think maybe it is removing your Setup of your Record for Motion in settings of the Camera...

So Power up the Camera however you do normally POE Switch or 12v adaptor,
Log into Camera using your Web Browser, Then once logged into camera, go to Setup, Then Event, THen click on Detection Area.. It can be hard at times on some cameras at some points of day or night to tell if you have the Grid picked or not.. At this area make sure your Grid is setup for your camera location Press the Save when you have it setup the way you want it..

Log into your other cameras and make sure that they are also setup the way you want them in their Grid and save. Do this for all your cameras,

Then Bring up your PC-NVR in asp, click on the schedule, and setup your cameras for Motion at the time you want them setup for.. Personally I would just do Full time Recording... However setup your Record times to do as you need.. Then Personally I would at this time after making the changes to all your cameras setup in PC-NVR, I would now Restart your ASP and personally I restart my computer as well.. Once the Computer Relogs, make sure that the PC-NVR is setup to Auto start in so when your computer restarts PC-NVR starts up and will record your cameras as you have setup...

Let the system run for the hour while you do other things don't look at camera footage or bring up ASP for the next hour.. After that time load in asp and see if your system as started recording without recording all same motion even without motion being on that channel...

If not

You will need to go into ASP, bring up PC-NVR, Give back your HDD space to your HDD, Bring Up Devices, and Delete PC-NVR. Reboot your computer, Bring back up asp after system reboots, go into Devices, add in new Device, add back PC-NVR on your system again, and setup your PC-NVR the way you had it before by setting up your Full time and Motion times as needed this is after you set up space on your HDD again as well... THen Restart ASP and as I said before Reboot your computer to be fair.. Double check again when your computer comes back online that PC-NVR in your Tray is Auto Starting.. Personally I have mine setup to Auto Start and Auto login..

Let it sit for some time and go back and check.. I am not sure why but some reason I had to do mine a couple of times to get things worked out
Be Safe.
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 pm It is very hard to say what is going on.. I personally don't like ASP but in a Bind like your talking about being in it is a great way...

So here is what I think is going on..

When you add your camera into ASP for some reason I think maybe it is removing your Setup of your Record for Motion in settings of the Camera...

So Power up the Camera however you do normally POE Switch or 12v adaptor,
Log into Camera using your Web Browser, Then once logged into camera, go to Setup, Then Event, THen click on Detection Area.. It can be hard at times on some cameras at some points of day or night to tell if you have the Grid picked or not.. At this area make sure your Grid is setup for your camera location Press the Save when you have it setup the way you want it..

Log into your other cameras and make sure that they are also setup the way you want them in their Grid and save. Do this for all your cameras,

Then Bring up your PC-NVR in asp, click on the schedule, and setup your cameras for Motion at the time you want them setup for.. Personally I would just do Full time Recording... However setup your Record times to do as you need.. Then Personally I would at this time after making the changes to all your cameras setup in PC-NVR, I would now Restart your ASP and personally I restart my computer as well.. Once the Computer Relogs, make sure that the PC-NVR is setup to Auto start in so when your computer restarts PC-NVR starts up and will record your cameras as you have setup...

Let the system run for the hour while you do other things don't look at camera footage or bring up ASP for the next hour.. After that time load in asp and see if your system as started recording without recording all same motion even without motion being on that channel...

If not

You will need to go into ASP, bring up PC-NVR, Give back your HDD space to your HDD, Bring Up Devices, and Delete PC-NVR. Reboot your computer, Bring back up asp after system reboots, go into Devices, add in new Device, add back PC-NVR on your system again, and setup your PC-NVR the way you had it before by setting up your Full time and Motion times as needed this is after you set up space on your HDD again as well... THen Restart ASP and as I said before Reboot your computer to be fair.. Double check again when your computer comes back online that PC-NVR in your Tray is Auto Starting.. Personally I have mine setup to Auto Start and Auto login..

Let it sit for some time and go back and check.. I am not sure why but some reason I had to do mine a couple of times to get things worked out
So I went ahead and wiped it completely off the computer. Ran windows update and got it up to version 2004 thinking it was an issue with windows. I installed the beta ASP and now motion is working correctly, however it keeps kicking the cameras out of device management in the PC NVR section after about 5 minutes. Thinking at this point that is a bug that will need to be reported being that this is a beta.
jhud14

Post by jhud14 »

I got it working correctly. Not sure if the windows updates or me removing all traces of ASP, Flir Cloud Client and Smart PSS from the registry did it. I installed Smart PSS and set it up accordingly and everything is working fine with motion reporting correctly. I tested them all out by walking in front of them at different times and I only saw motion events on that camera only and not all timelines. I am not touching it now. LOL. :D