PC-NVR issues with MD

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jack7

Re: PC-NVR issues with MD

Post by jack7 »

The images below are a test with ASP 2 that shows that a MD event on one camera does not cause a MD event on another camera. PC-NVR cam1 and cam3 were used.
PC-NVR Schedules are set the same for cam1 and cam3.
Cam1x.JPG
Cam1x.JPG (91.8 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Cam3x.JPG
Cam3x.JPG (77.29 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
CamScheds.JPG
CamScheds.JPG (104.18 KiB) Viewed 1717 times

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I have the same Result.. Motion on all channels over CH1 setup...

I even DL the Demo of v2 that installed says it is V3 so that is strange in its own right lol...

Jack try this and this will may then show you what I am saying...

I took my 16ch NVR and imported the first 8ch form it into ASP, I then added another Camera from outside my NVR for the sake of testing... I setup PC-NVR to record all 8ch Full time, I then took Ch1 and removed Full time Recording from 5pm my time till 6pm and setup that time for Motion only I also took the same recording and setup that for CH 9. Full time Recording from start to 5pm at 5pm I removed full time record and setup Motion only until 6pm.

Then I went to play back what happened and sadly I picked 2 Ch that had no motion in that hour but where it becomes Odd is that looking over ch 2 to 8 that was setup for full time recording the Playback is missing the 1 hour that I had setup for Motion on ch1 and Ch9

So to test out, Take more then 3 cameras if you have them or 3 would be good, Setup them all up for Recording full time, then ch1 of the 3 remove full time recording from an hour, then in that hour put in Motion and then do the same for CH3 keeping ch2 setup to record full time and see if your system removes that ch2 in the hour or time you setup in 1 and 3 as Motion only
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for the sake of Testing I did some more testing with different Results.. It looks like that what every my last setup is take place over all other setup..

I setup 8 ch of my 16ch NVR, I took another camera made Ch9 and in the last place I took my ASH 21 and added it to a CH10 spot I setup again CH1 to Record motion from 630 to 8, I setup 2 to 8 all the same FULL Recording, I setup CH9 same as CH1 I then Setup CH10 the ASH 21 FUll record with motion, and for the Lack of something better to do I even added in IVS rules that didn't work because while ash21 says it is an AI camera it really isn't lol But setup it that way in ASP

Looking over Playback CH1 Shows it Recorded FULL TIME the Spot that I have FULL RECORD REMOVED is still there in CH1 Playback and also in CH9 the Removed FULL is still there no motion even thou there was some in the system and looked in the logs and there is loads of logs showing motion as well yet there is no motion in the time line and yes Motion is clicked on to search for as well... Again this seems to have something to do with how it is setup with First and last CH of the PC-NVR???? That is a Guess on what I found here is pictures of my LOGS...
Screenshot (42).png
Screenshot (42).png (141.76 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
Screenshot (43).png
Screenshot (43).png (144.82 KiB) Viewed 1711 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:21 pm Yeah I have the same Result.. Motion on all channels over CH1 setup...

I even DL the Demo of v2 that installed says it is V3 so that is strange in its own right lol...

Jack try this and this will may then show you what I am saying...

I took my 16ch NVR and imported the first 8ch form it into ASP, I then added another Camera from outside my NVR for the sake of testing... I setup PC-NVR to record all 8ch Full time, I then took Ch1 and removed Full time Recording from 5pm my time till 6pm and setup that time for Motion only I also took the same recording and setup that for CH 9. Full time Recording from start to 5pm at 5pm I removed full time record and setup Motion only until 6pm.

Then I went to play back what happened and sadly I picked 2 Ch that had no motion in that hour but where it becomes Odd is that looking over ch 2 to 8 that was setup for full time recording the Playback is missing the 1 hour that I had setup for Motion on ch1 and Ch9

So to test out, Take more then 3 cameras if you have them or 3 would be good, Setup them all up for Recording full time, then ch1 of the 3 remove full time recording from an hour, then in that hour put in Motion and then do the same for CH3 keeping ch2 setup to record full time and see if your system removes that ch2 in the hour or time you setup in 1 and 3 as Motion only
James, I think your problem is using NVR attached cameras in PC-NVR. My understanding is that PC-NVR does not do motion detection. It depends on the camera doing motion detection and sending "alerts" to the client about motion detection. That is also how Blue Iris and TinyCam Pro are able to to use in-camera motion detection if desired.
In my first post here I said:
"What you want to do will work if you have Amcrest cameras conected directly to your LAN, and are using the current SmartPSS or probably Amcrest Surveillance Pro version 2 beta. It's not clear what cameras and network setup you have. The discussion of "channel number" sounds like you may have an external hardware NVR involved."
---------------------------------------------------
P.S.
When I went to post this reply, I saw your additional post with event logs. I have not used event logs before. It would take me a good while to test and evaluate that. So I decided to just post my reply anyway.
I think PC-NVR probably doesn't work properly with a NVR. I don't have an Amcrest NVR to test. I don't see anything about channel numbers in my camera Web UI. Channel numbers are probably just used with NVRs.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks for pointing this out... So I removed the NVR from my setup, Removed the HDD and added it back seeing I don't know enough about it to figure out how to make it Empty space... I then added in my ASH21 again, my 3mp zoom camera, a 841 and added in my 841E.. I wanted to see if it acted the same and setup CH1 to be full record, besides 30min of Motion, Setup Ch2 to Full Record, I setup 3 to be full record and full motion so it would give me motion event areas so I could just watch Motion and I setup 4 to be same as CH1 however I added in IVS in same time but I know it wouldn't work lol...

My results, NO Motion on 1 or 4, Ch 2 Record Full time no issues and ch3 for some reason isn't acting the way I want it rather then Green Full time Recording and giving me Yellow for Motion that line is just full time Motion and there has only been one motion in that camera and yeah I have enough Recorders I don't need ASP or PC-NVR.. It don't work the way I want it too and I would never set it up to try and record Motion events.... FULL TIME Recording or NOTHING in my book..

Also as I have said before most of my PC's are Way to high of Power to be running PC-NVR.. As Shown in the past some of my Lower Watt PC's can Run it but are FULL CPU or what ever the issues and even some of my Random computers on High Watt PSU and 32gb ram I wasn't happy with Results.. Sure my i7-7700 and 1070GPU 32gb ram, or my i7-5820k 1050GPU and 32gb ram or my i5-6500 GTX960 and 32gb ram runs ASP and PC-NVR ok but they are all on large 850 and larger PSU and no reason that I should pay loads of money for Keeping them powered or one of them powered at 24/7 because the cost to the Power Bill would be enough to buy a Low Power NVR or DVR for recording my Cameras...

Doing a Search for "Normal Cost of running Gaming PC all day" first post comes up an says Leaving a Gaming PC on 24/7 would cost on Average of 186 to over 300 a year and I can tell you that a NVR only running at 2 or even 4 amps Cost way less to keep it running 24/7 and they were designed to leave run...

Thanks Jack for all the help and trying to keep people going with ASP and PC-NVR I just like to add to my Testing events and from time to time re visit ASP and PC-NVR...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

FWIW, I tried your PC-NVR configuration for an hour.
cam1 - 1 hr cont, MD 30min ASH21
cam2 - 1 hr cont, MD 0min
cam3 - 1 hr cont, MD cont
cam4 - 1 hr cont, MD 30min
Eveything worked as it should.
One thing to watch. When changing ASP PC-NVR settings, ASP should be restarted to get things working.
PC-NVR on OLD slow Lenovo PC was recording four 1080p cams with ~1% cpu plus 6% for Windows services. My killometer showed .6A or 72 watts required which is $57/yr at my location, not near what you mentioned for a gamer PC.
I had not tried this before, but android View Pro with PC-NVR IP address worked fine viewing or replaying all four PC-NVR cams at once.
I am not promoting PC-NVR, just reporting my findings...

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:41 am Thanks for pointing this out... So I removed the NVR from my setup, Removed the HDD and added it back seeing I don't know enough about it to figure out how to make it Empty space... I then added in my ASH21 again, my 3mp zoom camera, a 841 and added in my 841E.. I wanted to see if it acted the same and setup CH1 to be full record, besides 30min of Motion, Setup Ch2 to Full Record, I setup 3 to be full record and full motion so it would give me motion event areas so I could just watch Motion and I setup 4 to be same as CH1 however I added in IVS in same time but I know it wouldn't work lol...

My results, NO Motion on 1 or 4, Ch 2 Record Full time no issues and ch3 for some reason isn't acting the way I want it rather then Green Full time Recording and giving me Yellow for Motion that line is just full time Motion and there has only been one motion in that camera and yeah I have enough Recorders I don't need ASP or PC-NVR.. It don't work the way I want it too and I would never set it up to try and record Motion events.... FULL TIME Recording or NOTHING in my book..

Also as I have said before most of my PC's are Way to high of Power to be running PC-NVR.. As Shown in the past some of my Lower Watt PC's can Run it but are FULL CPU or what ever the issues and even some of my Random computers on High Watt PSU and 32gb ram I wasn't happy with Results.. Sure my i7-7700 and 1070GPU 32gb ram, or my i7-5820k 1050GPU and 32gb ram or my i5-6500 GTX960 and 32gb ram runs ASP and PC-NVR ok but they are all on large 850 and larger PSU and no reason that I should pay loads of money for Keeping them powered or one of them powered at 24/7 because the cost to the Power Bill would be enough to buy a Low Power NVR or DVR for recording my Cameras...

Doing a Search for "Normal Cost of running Gaming PC all day" first post comes up an says Leaving a Gaming PC on 24/7 would cost on Average of 186 to over 300 a year and I can tell you that a NVR only running at 2 or even 4 amps Cost way less to keep it running 24/7 and they were designed to leave run...

Thanks Jack for all the help and trying to keep people going with ASP and PC-NVR I just like to add to my Testing events and from time to time re visit ASP and PC-NVR...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting 1% Don't know what or how it was working in your time at 1% am going to guess that you were only letting PC-NVR run and was not accessing the Live View of the ASP...

Problem as I said in my last testing I like to try and test out Real world.. Leaving the PC-NVR record take little to no CPU usage on any of my systems... It isn't until someone tries to convert that Data from 1 and 0 into real watching things.. To me this just isn't Real World...

Real world is leaving ASP run just like it was setup for a NVR and running Live view in Title setup of how ever many cameras are connected.. So in your Testing and in mine as well this last time it was 4 cameras... All of mine was 1080 besides my 1 3mp camera but really that don't matter... I setup Live View for all 4 cameras, I then setup Devices, had Playback in tab but not actively playing anything they were Stopped... I had PC-NVR loaded in Tab and I was watching the activity of the 4 Cameras on screen.. I was looking over some things as time was going to make sure that Motion was active, that things were recording

What I find odd was when had one of the Cameras setup for Full time Recording and Full time Motion Events the only thing I got out of the whole time was Yellow line for Motion events and that don't help me to track down an event... ON my NVR and DVR if I have it setup that way I get Green Full time recording, Then when Motion happens I get yellow Recording and this will play outside of Full time events if I pick the Motion only Option...

Don't mind my Picture graph I did a Factory Reset on my NVR a couple of days ago and some odd reason after importing all my Cameras back into the NVR I did something to 1 camera and all other cameras Loaded up as CAM names and I just have not fixed the names lol... The picture is for Camera 3 This camera has loads of Traffic as you can see and because I wanted to save on space I setup Night for Motion only lol.. I know I know what did I save many a Gig of space... Anyway you can see that Motion is full time, and in day I have setup to Full Time record and I have motion in space with Full time I can just watch motion for that time if I so choose..

That was not the Same Action I got for working in my ASP Just had full time Yellow in a Camera I was setup in full record but wanted Events Recorded...

And Yes I do Restart ASP after all adjustments because I go one step more and Restart my Computer...

This last test was on my Last AMD machine in my home, It was ran on a 2012 or 13 can't remember now when I bought it, Fx4300 16gb ram running on a 480gb SSD, GPU was R9 270x 2gb in Crossfire as I have 2 GPU's on a 750watt PSU on a Free air frame.. I wish I would have taken some snap shots while it wasn't as bad as the other machines I ran the testing on last time last year or earlier this year my CPU was at 12% with 9 on ASP while it wasn't showing in running apps that is my Syslog computer so that was running in the background one of the Cameras in that test has 2019 FW and was posting to my Syslog... Didn't have my Kill-o-Watt meter plugged in but I am going to guess it was far higher then .6amps... That is awesome that your computer was able to run at 72 watts for your testing time..

I am going to have to figure out how to setup some type of Remote Watt Meter for my Server room as a Whole and a way to test off the back end of each system. Access to the Room is limited so that is why I need Remote

Picture I was talking about showing Ch3 for the 11th
Screenshot (52).png
Screenshot (52).png (107.02 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote:
"What I find odd was when had one of the Cameras setup for Full time Recording and Full time Motion Events the only thing I got out of the whole time was Yellow line for Motion events and that don't help me to track down an event... ON my NVR and DVR if I have it setup that way I get Green Full time recording, Then when Motion happens I get yellow Recording and this will play outside of Full time events if I pick the Motion only Option..."

The bold part above is exactly what I get using PC-NVR. There must be something wrong with your PC-NVR settings or something.
I show yellow motion events in continuous green section at
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =10#p33435
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK now I am going to go try this again Same Version of ASP however I will use a different computer and see what happens.. I will setup the same way with CH1 Full time, an hour removed for motion only that hour, Ch2 Full time Record only 3 Full Record with Motion full time, and setup Ch4 as the ASH21 same type of setup Full record, 1 hour removed and motion only however this time I will leave out the IVS as it don't have any true AI cameras in play anyway I do have my 12mp Dahua with AI IVS I might play around with that after this testing..

Going to use my i7 5820k, 32gb ram, 1050ti gpu, Antec 850Watt PSU, going to a WD Black Drive. This machine has C as SSD and my R is normal WD drive.. It don't take much space for 4 cameras so I will give 120gb to PC-NVR...

So I will need to get little time to work this up.. That is because I wonder if my Issue is that all my Cameras even though I setup in ASP and PC-NVR and while I didn't install my NVR or DVR that they were connected to the Cameras were still active in them machines and I wonder if that might have an Impact on the issue and I wonder if that is the issue with others that are having issues???

So I think this time I will remove the Cameras from the Normal Recorders they are on.. Make sure they are not connected to FTP as most of them are, and only connect to ASP with PC-NVR... I wonder if that will cure the odd Recording issues and report back my Motion Detection findings.. I might do it in a couple of stages to see if I can find a link to an issue in my Theory of why my Results were as Posted...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly this isn't working.. I have 4 cameras setup as stated.. Testing my system it is at 10 to 11% CPU in use.. Looking over the Footage so far all Channels are GREEN for full time recording and right now CH1 is Scheduled with CH4 to be Pure Motion right now, Ch2 is full time Record and Ch 3 is Full record and Motion Full time... At least last time there was something showing that it was doing something to look at the Schedule.. This time all channels are Full Record? Yet between 245 to 345 I had setup ch1 and 4 to be only Motion events no Full Record as Green line removed, Yet in search all channels are in Full record only...

Yeah so I will have to do some more Testing because for now this just isn't working and 0 motion even though I have setup and toggled Motion on.. ASP in any form for me just won't do what I want it to.. Either there is just to much setup to get things working and on this computer you can see only thing that was taking CPU was ASP there was some other using memory for Virus protection in play that stated use was high but that was Background program once that does it job and sleeps it would have been only the ASP.... With it Saying it is using HIGH POWER yeah ASP isn't for me.. Last picture is of the Cameras loaded in the Devices...
Screenshot (53).png
Screenshot (53).png (303.49 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Screenshot (54).png
Screenshot (54).png (257.83 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Screenshot (55).png
Screenshot (55).png (125.48 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Screenshot (58).png
Screenshot (58).png (56.87 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Be Safe.