NV4116

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rs0715

NV4116

Post by rs0715 »

This company has the some of the worst products and tech support I have ever seen. I will never buy from or recommend them to anyone ever. My initial purchase was for over $2,000.00. Since that purchase, I have to RMA the NVR, and 7 cameras that were deemed defective by their foreign tech support team. I have easily spent 40 hours on the phone troubleshooting their company determined, defective, in warranty equipment. Most calls are constantly put on hold as their tier one support is ridiculously horrible. Most times they want to charge you a $15.00 fee for processing the RMA. The NVR I bought was supposed to handle 16 8mp cameras with no video loss or delay according to the item description. This NVR is not capable of supporting 9 of the cameras I purchased at their default out of the box settings. Cameras started dropping off the NVR, after which no recordings were being captured. Both live view and playback were choppy, skipping, and missing video.

After doing some digging, I found these problems to be a common user experience, and that other people have been reporting these problems to Amcrest for years. The Amcrest response was to always blame the network speed and they offered no solutions for any these problems to any of their customers. What good is a security system if the NVR cannot maintain a connection to the cameras it is supposed to be recording from?!? Or if the recordings it does get is skipping and missing video. After getting the run around for weeks, their top tier tech support tried to blame the issues on my network speed, which they could not, and eventually incorrectly determined that the NVR was defective.

I explained that based on their troubleshooting the NVR was not capable of what they claimed and asked to pay the difference for a better model that could support 16 cameras, they refused and sent me the very same NVR. I pleaded with them explaining that my goal was to have a system that functioned as claimed by them and expected by me, and to not have to call every week with a problem. they still refused and shipped the same model claiming the previous was defective. Once received, the replacement NVR was configured and had all the very same previously reported problems of cameras dropping and video delay and loss.

My experience with this company has been horrible to say the least. Hopefully, they will see this review and correct their marketing and improve the stability of their products, and the effectiveness of their tech support…. As a company, wouldn’t you want your customers to be happy and satisfied with their purchases and not waste their time giving them the runaround and make them pay to return your defective products?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4116

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sorry your not happy with the system and that there was some problems with your setup..

So you don't think there is an issue the system seen your 3 post being the same and has merged them into 1 there is no need to have same thing in 3 places it will be seen without issue any area posted. However to be Honest this isn't related to ASP and might be moved as well..
Be Safe.