No sound

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Pete6

No sound

Post by Pete6 »

I have 3 x IP8M-T2499E, 2 x ASH43-W, 1 x IP5M-T1179EW and two other PTZ non-Amcrest cameras connected to an NV4116E-A2. They all work fine with video.

I have no sound using ASP on Windows 10. Sound works fine on all camera that have microphones using either Amcrest View Pro or TinyCam Pro on android so I know the cameras are outputting sound. As it happens, all the cameras with mics are connected to the NV4116E's PoE ports so I cannot check that the cameras are working on Windows outside of ASP using other software without unplugging CAT5 cables.

I have been over and over the Device Config > Camera > Encode settings for all cameras and I cannot get sound from ASP.

Why is this happening? It all works except on ASP which, I am beginning to dislike.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Pete
jack7

Re: No sound

Post by jack7 »

In ASP, when you are viewing camera LiveView or Playback, did you right click the image and click Start Audio?  And turn up PC volume if necessary.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As Jack7 said also in each window is a little Speaker at the top you can click to turn on and off. In Grid view when you connect to your device lets say in 8 Grid view, you can click on the speaker for each of the 8 channels and then when you want to hear audio from that camera click on that one even still in 8 grid and the audio starts for that camera click on say the second one and it starts for that one.

Then you mention that you can hear using AVP, then you know the cameras are working..

What happens when you go to the NVR's WebUI? Is there an issue with Audio on the NVR's normal WebUI. For me, I personally don't have a A2 local to me for testing. I know there was another model that I owned where I couldn't access the NVR's normal cameras connected like say my ASH26 that is a Spot light camera on Wifi, only audio from poe port connected cameras worked with audio. So maybe it was an issue like that where they are working on it?

Either way the WebUI and ASP both can work in Grid View with clicking the little Speaker icon at the top of each grid and moving between grids will let you hear from different cameras.

If it is working in AVP then in Theory it should work in ASP..

Also if you need to access your cameras 1 at a time without accessing them from removing the camera from the PORT you can connect VIA WebUI of NVR, (If your using Chrome) click on camera you don't want to connect to first in the list, It will bring up that in a new tab and tell you that the port isn't safe. That is ok because now the next camera you click will give you a new port number and you can connect to that camera over that Port. First one for some reason says is bad port of 10080 next one will be 10081 and will work. There is no issue if using IE even on the first 10080 port..

So I am clear, In WebUI (Your IP address of your NVR) after logging in, Click on Management, Camera, then click on the e in the bottom window (Yours might have Chrome seeing it is newer model then mine) either way as I said before if in Chrome click on one you don't want to access first Then click the one you want to access..

Here are 2 pictures one from IE and other using Chrome so you can see what I am talking about..

using Chrome
Screenshot (3567).png
Screenshot (3567).png (28.61 KiB) Viewed 7422 times
Using IE
Screenshot (3566).png
Screenshot (3566).png (398.18 KiB) Viewed 7422 times
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

@jack7, @Revo2Maxx, Hmm. Feel stupid... I left ASP running on one screen whilst typing my reply here on another. The sound system we up too. As I type, I hear rumbling noises. So yeah, I had left one camera, this one, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081Q47ZZ7?ps ... ct_details enable. It is at a very low level and I need lots of audio gain but, I now have tweety birds and car rumbles. The audio works. Yay!

I am sorry to have troubled you guys. My bad. Now I have audio, I can experiment to see how to make it a dB louder.

Pete
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To make it louder, I would log into your camera as I outlined in the post above. If you still have IE, IT is best used in IE, Then click the camera you want to edit, Then log into the cameras WebUI, From the cameras WebUI, you will want to then click on the Setup, There it should show area for Camera Setup, on the left Configuration, then under that should be Audio. Now for this camera I have it Disabled for the Noise Reduction and I have the Mic and Speaker all the way to 100. This I setup because I want to pick up Audio from a good distance in 360 degree area.

In that area is where you will want to play with settings to meet your needs.
Screenshot (3568).png
Screenshot (3568).png (161.78 KiB) Viewed 7414 times
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

I have seen that screen. I can get to it, no problem. I think that I already set both the mic and speaker to 100 (there was no way to make it go to 11...) I am surprised Amcrest still forces the use of IE which is deprecated by Microsoft.

Thanks again.
Pete
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is somethings to try.. Not all cameras work well on the AAC format, So I would double check if maybe it would work better with the 711 format and changing 16k to 8k. Might have to play around with settings to get things to work well.

Also depending on the camera and options. There are some cameras that comes with Mic Built in and Mic Ext, If your camera is like some of mine and are 30 to 40 feet in the air then a Ext mic into the area viewed might be the best option. Also in my Picture above, If you look at yours it should have Noise filter option and turning that off (Disabled) makes it much louder. I have a couple that I have to keep at 50% volume and Enabled or the audio is picking up more then I want to hear lol..
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

Good comments Revo. I shall take a look this weekend. 8K audio should be plenty for these mics. It'll cut off at 4kHz by Nyquist.

Problem is, some of my cameras are connected to PoE ports on the NV4116E. I cannot (so far) get to these any way but through the NVR's web page since these cameras are no longer on my LAN which is 192.168.1.n. These cameras are in the 10.0.0.n range. Can't see 'em scanning from the LAN. Is there are way that Amcrest has to get directly to these camera web interfaces?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Going to the NVR's WebUI as I was saying in my post before.. For your case lets say the NVR's IP is 192.168.1.148. When you type that and load the WebUI, You will want to click on the Top left area for Management, Then Camera, then in the remote window at the bottom is where all your connected cameras area, in there is an e or maybe Chrome icon when you click that it will load your camera in a PORT off the NVR's IP address.. You will want to do this if your using Chrome in order like this. Lets say you want to work with Port2 aka Ch2 camera. Click on the icon for the browser on ch1. This will load it in 10080 first and will get a message that the port is unsafe as pictured above.. Then click the one for Ch2 and it will load on the NVR's IP with port 10081 and it will bring up the WebUI for the camera..

However please note that I don't have a A2 and on some of my devices they are turned on and some I have to turn them on if you don't see the E or Chrome area that you can click from your NVR's WebUI. Look in your Network area to see if there is a Box that is empty for Virtual Host if there is a box and no Check mark check it and then log back into the NVR's WebUI and now it should be there...
Screenshot (3574).png
Screenshot (3574).png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 7395 times
Be Safe.
Pete6

Post by Pete6 »

Thanks. Some of my cameras work using this and some do not. My LAN is in the series 192.168.1.n so any address in the 10.1.1.n range is obviously unreachable without a bridge which the NV4116 does not seem to provide for http. It works on some cameras in my IP range that are cnonected to my LAN and others just display a XML: code block. If it's on my LAN I can get to it and if I have to I can just re-plug a cable from the NVR into one of my switches.

It is hard for Amcrest to cover all bases so I do not really mind.

Thanks again.
Pete