Motion is detected but no video is ever recorded or at least won't play

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ronzues

Motion is detected but no video is ever recorded or at least won't play

Post by ronzues »

Any ideas? I am testing only 1 camera and I have followed the setup guides and videos to configure the PC-NVR and the camera for motion detection. When I walk in front of the camera the PC-NVR alerts that motion is deleted. When I search the videos it shows the times the motion is detected and the duration in the timeline in yellow but I am unable to play any of the videos. I have it set to only record when motion is detected rather than at all times.

Am I missing something or is this just not working right?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Motion is detected but no video is ever recorded or at least won't play

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

Can we see a Snap shot what your seeing and dealing with?

Also please keep in mind that it might be the stream your trying to play back. If say for instance you setup to Record Extra and your trying to playback Main then there will be nothing to playback.. Only thing I can think of off hand. If you record something manually can you play that back?

Also what is your connection type with your camera. I just found one I have a issue with as well. However this connection if between 2 locations and is being used with a M5 Uni Wifi Transmitter. I can see there are things in the Search but when I try to play it it will time out. For me it is in the same network just in different areas outside of cable reach. So might be connection related. All my Very local devices play back fast with no delay after search.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@ronzues
Before clicking yellow event on timeline, use mouse wheel on timeline to make yellow event bigger so clicking on it works for playback.  Or click arrow box on right side of playback screen and click an event in list.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I made a Video showing what I am expecting is going on. This Video shows that I can access my 850 via WebUI and playback files however that same file I can't play in side of ASP.. I show a few different things of what I am expecting is going on and again my guess is Network related...

SO if you are trying to watch files from your ASP for your camera that is a different story and while I didn't show that part I do mention that in the Video..

If that is what your trying to do, Then make sure your bringing this footage up on your PC-NVR in the playback, If you have setup the camera in the PC-NVR then any footage that the PC-NVR has captured it should show up in the area for playback

Outside of that it might be if you want to watch the camera MSD I would use the WebUI for now and or DL the footage to your computer to playback on ASP if you want to watch it local on ASP..

https://youtu.be/BwBCkOtYls0
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe