Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kenf

Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Post by kenf »

Clicking the little Manual Record icon was working in AMcrest Surveillance Pro back in December but it started giving me the "Window1 local record failed!" error beginning in January2022. Any ideas? It doesn't work on my notebook or desktop PC any more.

It still works using Amcrest View Pro (phone or tablet).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would double check your HDD space, double check the info for the local record folder and make sure something hasn't changed in there. Might have been that it was changed in your computer to Read only. Or the drive might be full or about full, Maybe a Update on the computer filled drive to full of Temp files and removing Temp files could cure the issue.

out side of that it is hard to say
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
kenf

Re: Manual Local Record no longer works - get "Window1 local record failed!" error

Post by kenf »

It's camera-specific because I just connected a 2nd IP2M-863E-AI and Manual Local Record works on that one. Time to compare settings ...
kenf

Post by kenf »

No luck so far. First 863E still fails to do Manual Local Record on notebook PC and desktop PC using Surveillance Pro but 2nd 863E will. Using Amcrest View Pro on Android phone, I can do Manual Local Record on both. So the common things are first 863E and Windows Surveillance Pro.

Both 863E cameras are on the same build 8-16-21. Stumped.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would do a Factory Reset and see if that helps. If that didn't help. I know you said it already has the same FW installed. However I will admit I have in the past have had to install the same package of FW again before the device would work well.. As a last resort maybe installing the FW again if it is offered on Web I would DL and keep it just in case you need to install again..

It could have been that there was a issue with Startup package install. So again, First I would try Reset, then if that didn't solve do FW update..
Be Safe
kenf

Post by kenf »

Not sure it's the camera since Manual Local Record works on my phone with Amcrest View Pro.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to say it can be something that was written within Code that as I was trying to say might be Corrupt and while it works at your AVP that is a phone app and software related to it isn't the same as it would be over ASP or webUI..

When you say another camera same FW, same model is able to work out of the box same setup same install method then this tells me there was something that went wrong.. It can be as easy as doing a Factory Reset.

That is what I would do, I can't force you to do anything. Just offering some advice.
Be Safe
kenf

Post by kenf »

The problem camera is 400 miles away. The 2nd one is 20 feet away. Both are connected via P2P. Don't want to try anything that might take the problem camera offline.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is one of the reasons I say this.

I do a lot of testing of software for different CCTV devices mainly Amcrest and I have many. I have some old and some new and one of the things that most of them have in common is loading on log in. What I mean is that when a DVR/NVR or IP camera loads into a WebUI the Directory info and other info is loaded at this time read from the devices software and is setup with a handshake with your computer. If for some reason that software was bad might have not loaded right when it was compiled and installed or who know why or what. On the Surface it might look like it is working as expected however some of the BONES might be missing, and this would make it so your system wouldn't work as expected.

Here is some data after my username and password on one of my much older PTZ cameras on starting the WebUI

DhWebAlarmNum=0; DHVideoWHMode=Adaptive%20Window; DhWebVideoPath1=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cjdane%5CWebDownload%5CLiveSnapshot; DhWebVideoPath2=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cjdane%5CWebDownload%5CLiveRecord; DhWebVideoPath3=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cjdane%5CWebDownload%5CPlaybackSnapshot; DhWebVideoPath4=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cjdane%5CWebDownload%5CPlaybackRecord; DhWebVideoPath5=C%3A%5CUsers%5Cjdane%5CWebDownload%5CVideoClips
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand.

That might make things little more difficult seeing P2P is Remote and for security reasons it don't always want to Record when it isn't within the same network as your computer.

I know you said that your cameras both are running P2P however they are smart enough to know one is Remote and other is Local I can't record all cameras in ASP either with PC-NVR (non will record local or remote in PC-NVR) however it is toss up on what ones will work P2P local record?
Be Safe