Main stream will not load but sub stream does

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Bereahoward

Main stream will not load but sub stream does

Post by Bereahoward »

Recently loaded surveillance pro on a new Windows laptop and my P2P DVR cameras will display when sub stream is selected but main stream will not display so I cannot view individual cameras in high definition.
Attachments
Default settings
Default settings
E8CA751D-F36A-4E7C-BCE3-CA7D7F01D66D.jpeg (71.73 KiB) Viewed 4547 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Main stream will not load but sub stream does

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Sorry to hear about your problems with your system.. SO it looks like your trying to setup ASP.. I am not sure what camera you have but I wonder if there is another setting in the camera that it is looking for under your Main where the QFHD isn't an option in the camera?

Please understand I don't know what camera you are working with and what all the options are able for your camera I am going to guess that the 4k Res that your trying to load isn't the 4k rez the camera offers... There are a few different 4k sizes and maybe then one your trying to get to work isn't offered in that camera...

Also if your Camera has 640 x 480 setting for Sub Stream 1 I would set it there rather then CIF as well.. HOwever if you have a slow internet speed and need CIF for mobile viewing then CIF is fine
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Bereahoward

Post by Bereahoward »

The cameras are model AMC4KBC28-B
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I'm not certain that I've understood correctly. Is this in ASP as viewed on the computer ?

If so then in ASP "Live View" add the camera and having done that, right click on it you can select which stream you want ASP to display.

Your screenshot is showing the device configuration screen where you can set the camera to output the sub stream and as a side issue, my strong advice would be to avoid using ASP to change device settings. I find that the most reliable way to set or alter camera settings is by using the camera's own web interface.

If I have indeed misunderstood and the question is about viewing the camera main stream on say a mobile phone then take no notice :D
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jdefe

Post by jdefe »

This is an old post, but I am having the same issues.
In ASP on a windows machine while in live view, if I try to open a camera fullscreen using the main stream, i get Failed to open Video.
Full screen works fine with Sub Stream, but the video quality is obviously terrible.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would make sure you are on a Good Solid connection to your network. If your on Wifi I would make sure to move to better location with better signal. If on cable Ethernet then I could try a different cable or at least try a different port on your router.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jdefe

Post by jdefe »

I see you have replied to both my posts lol.
I had ruled out any network issues, and thought maybe updating to the latest software would solve my issues, but as you can see in my other post I just created more!