MacOS Software

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kross76

MacOS Software

Post by kross76 »

I have the perception that Amcrest is not supporting the Mac anymore. Surveillance Pro does not work on the lates MacOS that requires 64 bit apps. I cannot seem to get either Chrome or Safari extensions/packages to work -- if I can find them. For example, the amcrest web view extension for Chome is MIA. Does anyone have any more information for Mac users running Catalina OS? I'm very frustrated. BTW, I also have issues with the IOS apps, but I think I'll try to solve MacOS first.
bryeartem

Re: MacOS Software

Post by bryeartem »

beta software available here:
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13396.html

still in very early stages as far as functionality...
tvlarry

Re: MacOS Software

Post by tvlarry »

It took one year for a Beta use only package to be released, this indicates that Amcrest programmers are having a difficult time with their software to work under Apples new requirements. Apple is a very difficult platform for programmers and they are not devoting a full team to get this to work so at this point you either have to roll back your macs OS to Mojave, or, install the Beta and be the tester for Amcrest,, or, just purchase a windows laptop and use it for your camera system.