Is it possible to setup different detection areas based on Zoom level?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
JimmyFal

Is it possible to setup different detection areas based on Zoom level?

Post by JimmyFal »

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I have a 5x optical zoom on my IP8M-VB2696EW-AI; and everytime I change the zoom level I have to change the detection area.

Thanks.

JF
My Cameras

IP8M-VB2696EW-AI
IP8M-2796EW-AI
IP8M-T2669EW-AI
IP5M-1190W
IPM4M-1041B
IP3M-941B
ASH22-W
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to setup different detection areas based on Zoom level?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't know the camera however there are some out there that in fact can setup a Different motion detection area per preset setting. Now this don't help in the case of just using PTZ controls to access the cameras area at different levels of view. Some cameras will have motion setup to off while in pan tilt or zoom mode so you are not getting a bunch of false alerts while accessing this areas. Others are not so much. If your camera is a Zoom camera that is static like some of my Bullet cameras that are 4x to 20x zoom with a static camera position these cameras are not normally something designed for zooming in and out like you would a PTZ camera. I have some older cameras 10x that have preset ability and I have some same type cameras that while offer zoom by using the PTZ controls there are no presets and normally is designed to setup to the area of view and use the zoom or focus tabs as a way to fine tune your installation position of your area of view. However kind of designed as a set it and forget it type feature.
Be Safe.