Import/Export Configuration

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
dpavlicek

Import/Export Configuration

Post by dpavlicek »

We are looking to setup a number of PC's running Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Is there any way to export and import the configuration? Specially, the device config setup, as well as the views.

Thank you,
Dave
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Import/Export Configuration

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

While I don't want to say that it can't be done. I looked at my ASP and I don't see anything that states how to export or import any info off the program.

I don't know how many cameras your talking about setting up. I can tell you that working with say My DVR that I have 2 IP cameras connected to when I open it up in ASP I am able to just click on the DVR name and add the 4 cameras by drag and drop. I personally like it because I can change placement of the cameras if I wanted. I have other DVR's that I can do that from page inside but once changed it can mess you up trying to remember what is what chan unless you have them listed lol SO I like the way ASP works because when I close out of it and bring it back up I can choose how it will be displayed.

Here is a Picture of what I mean about change of scene. Top picture is main Monitor bottom is DVR Monitor.
20191101_142407.jpg
20191101_142407.jpg (437.47 KiB) Viewed 3597 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

dpavlicek wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:40 am We are looking to setup a number of PC's running Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Is there any way to export and import the configuration? Specially, the device config setup, as well as the views.
In Amcrest Surveillance Pro, click the ? at the top which will load the manual, and then search on import. Export/Import is in Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I guess I miss understood the Question. I thought the OP was looking for a way to export the ASP setup as a whole not how to import or export a Camera by camera setup. Then yes it is in the Devices. Here you can once setup a camera, NVR or DVR system. in one of the ASP. CLICK on the check boxes of what you want exported and the file you want to save to. Then when Importing on a new Computer on a fresh installed ASP just go to Devices, click import, pick the file folder that the file is saved to and it will bring in all devices you exported. Sorry I miss took the question as being able to export ASP with all devices setup and import into new computer on 1 step...
Be Safe.
dpavlicek

Post by dpavlicek »

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the device import/export section. Can't believe I missed that.

Any idea on the views? I would like setup one PC running ASP and configure the views. From there, I would like to import that same list of view to other PC's running ASP (effectively overwriting them). I was hoping for a managed method (like the device import/export), but if it has to be a file copy, that is fine too. Just didn't know if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks,
Dave
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While I don't use ASP much. I did look little more into this and found something that I am going to try and report back. However I will need little time because I have most of my other computers with PC-NVR form different company and it will conflict if I try to setup Amcrest Surveillance Pro on it. I might take the Config file and see if it will load but here is a thought Not sure how it works as of yet....

When you look in your ASP at the Home page you can click General, Then click File in my version of ASP it says on the 3rd box Config. SO I wonder if that will give you the config file your looking for that might be able to be imported into another system? I can't find anything to invoke a import or export of that file so not sure what it is related to. SO I will look into that and report back what I find.
Be Safe.
dpavlicek

Post by dpavlicek »

Yeah. I see the config path. I am just seeing if someone has already done what I am about to do, which is determine how ASP stores the view data so I can duplicate it to another PC.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Here's a way to backup/restore views, if you use Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 beta.
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 12605.html

In Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 beta, click gear icon at top right. Go to last item which is Backup/Restore. That will include backing up your views.
Spile

Post by Spile »

I am unable to save the settings of my IP4M-1026E camera (as per these instructions:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... The-Web-UI) and running Windows 10.
I get an export failed error. A zero byte data file is saved to the file location (My Documents)
Have tried Amcrest Webview app and Internet Explorer with the same result.
Any ideas?
Spile

Post by Spile »

Amcrest have responded and suggested that I do a hard reset of the camera which isn’t the point really as it is my configuration I am trying to save!