How to Run Amcrest Surveillance Pro as a normal user in Windows

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Mirmirmi

Re: How to Run Amcrest Surveillance Pro as a normal user in Windows

Post by Mirmirmi »

AJB wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:09 am If anyone is still looking for a a solution to this issue. I created one.

1. I gave the user full access to the Amcrest folder - Actually no required
2. Then created a batch file with the following command in it:

cmd /c "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Amcrest Surveillance Pro\Amcrest Surveillance Pro\Amcrest Surveillance Pro.exe"
I saw this solution posted here and on a different website as well but it hasn't worked for me. My installation folder is in C:\Program Files instead of the (x86) version but I modified the batch file to match. But still it asks for administrator priviledges...

My process:
  • Open notepad
  • Paste AJB's batch file contents and delete (x86) [since my installation folder is in C:\Program Files]
  • Save as a .bat
  • Double-click the .bat
Result: An Amcrest pop-up that says "Please run SmartPss as administrator!"

If I right-click the .bat and run that as administrator, it works...but obviously the purpose is defeated that way. Am I missing a step somewhere? Or are you guys just setting this as a login script with Windows Task Scheduler and opening it up on login for your users?

Many thanks.
jack7

Re: How to Run Amcrest Surveillance Pro as a normal user in Windows

Post by jack7 »

Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP) is about the same as SmartPSS.
You could try these SmartPSS instructions on ASP to see if they will work for you. I have not used the instructions.
 https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/How_to_I ... in_Account