how to access PC-NVR remotely?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
camenthusiast

how to access PC-NVR remotely?

Post by camenthusiast »

I have PC-NVR working ok so far, and I can access when I'm on the same LAN network as ASP server. However, when I leave the network and login from WAN, the cameras will not load. I've also opened/forwarded the port corresponding to the PC-NVR device (PC/switch). Can anyone confirm that they can see the PC-NVR cameras remotely? And if so, any thoughts on how you did it? Thinking about using Blue Iris, but if this will work remotely, I may be able to get by with it.
jack7

Re: how to access PC-NVR remotely?

Post by jack7 »

You could view your cameras directly with remote ASP or Amcrest View Pro using P2P.  I don't know a way to remotely playback PC-NVR recordings, or what your configuration is.   Based on my experience, I suggest using an Amcrest NVR for reliability,  performance, and remote access.
Or try BI if you like it.
camenthusiast

Post by camenthusiast »

Yeah, I've tried several different methods. Does not look like PC-NVR will work with remote access. I already have P2P mobile solutions, but they cannot access the PC-NVR because it has no P2P support. If you enter an IP it is only the LAN IP. It needs to somehow access the WAN first.

Mobile app will not be able to see the larger PC-NVR storage. I could go physical NVR, but don't like that solution for several reasons.
Another negative of the PC-NVR is it does this weird holding of the hard drive allocation space and breaks into segments, before any writing.

Blue Iris works no issue, except for amcrest wifi cameras (ASH21).. can't see them - another pain.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Since BI works with no issue for you and you know the software,  it may be the best option.  Regarding BI and ASH21 not working, perhaps this post could help:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/i-cannot- ... ost-695664

I have used ASP and AVP a lot this year to access a remote NVR via P2P to view, playback and change settings on the NVR and cameras.  Performance has been quite good.  I can  also use camera Web UI for the cameras via ASP.  NVR POE ports are not used.
camenthusiast

Post by camenthusiast »

@jack7. Yes, I found that solution earlier and it does work for BI. Thanks for sharing. In case anyone else gets stuck, I figured another solution is to use a wifi extender with ethernet ports to connect the wifi cameras directly (yes, it arguable defeats the purpose of a wife camera, but obviates need to run wires around long distances). It eliminates much of the wifi (direct or indirect) vs physical ethernet port issues. BI working great now. Was hoping to use Amcrest own PC-NVR solution, but they have a ways to go. Using BI also eliminates problems I had with mobile app connecting to wifi cameras (not just Amcrest View Pro but even Amcrest Home). I spent a lot of time trying to solve that, but BI seems to work like a charm here.