How long is my NVR holding my recordings?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
ppruett

How long is my NVR holding my recordings?

Post by ppruett »

I'm new to all this and this might seem like a simple question, but I see no where in the NVR settings to choose how long it holds onto my recordings. I see under basic in the storage option that is says 60min for pack mode, but that can't be right, can it? I can only record and hold for 60min? What am I missing here?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How long is my NVR holding my recordings?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

So that isn't how long it will hold it that is how large the recording will be before it starts another package.

How long it will keep you recording is vary open ended question. There are to many options.

Really depends on Hdd size camera type and type of recording made.

One thing to double check is that you don't have full time snapshots on if you don't want images saved every second..

There is an area in some devices where it says in auto maintenance on how long to keep recordings I don't put in anything seeing it isn't as expected when set.

I will say this max recording for 2 8mp cameras and 1 1080p camera full time recording h.264 filled 6tb hdd in 22days and started overwriting older footage
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: How long is my NVR holding my recordings?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I was wrong, Looked over the footage. Front Desk is 3mp, and the tool cage and warehouse cameras were 8mp cameras running in 6mp format. The one thing that made this setup bad is that the NVR also recorded the 3 cameras full time JPG images 1 image a second. That is 86,400 images x 3 x 22 days that is over 5million images in 22 days.

Anyway the 6tb is in my 4216E-AI and I show that with my normal 4tb HDD. Made a video showing the 22 days starting on the 27th of July and goes until the 17th of Aug. In the video I show HDD in my HDD management, then show the days listed above and it show only 3 cameras are listed in the 22 days. Then I show the Image area and can be seen in Video Below.

https://youtu.be/8iLRZqy5hcU
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe