Extreme lag but only when viewing multiple devices.

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
flooofy

Extreme lag but only when viewing multiple devices.

Post by flooofy »

Hello!

I just recently purchased my first (set of 4) Amcrest wireless cameras. I currently have it set up for all 4 to stream through Amcrest Surveillance Pro.

When I initially set all 4 up yesterday, I was thrilled with how easy it was and how well they streamed.
However, today, I'm seeing a lot of lag. The odd thing is, that the lag only seems to occur when I view the 4 view mode.

If I view a single camera, it's pretty much perfect. If I even switch to 4 view mode, but only have 2 visible, it's still pretty good. As soon as I add 3 or all 4 to that view, the lag is really bad, but not for all devices. One of them streams really well, but the other 3 have a 60 second or higher delay.

I don't have, haven't had any trouble with down/upstream.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Extreme lag but only when viewing multiple devices.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Sorry your having some issues.. Sadly I am not sure how or why it might work for some... What I can tell you is that most issues with Wifi problems is caused by 2 things.. Older wifi router that needs to be replaced this could be a bunch of issues on 1 However after buying a new router with double the Ram and double the Processor Speed it was short lived to about 6 or 8 months... Then back to the Constant Reboots and wifi offline issues... So put my cameras on a Wifi Router all on their own. This is just an extension to the main with the main the only DHCP server... However stable this might be now there is still issues that come up and I need to Reboot the camera once a month or Reboot my Router every so often... Some of the issues can be related to the second part and that is Wifi Pollution. Note not only Wifi share some of the Channels cameras use so do some Blu tooth devices. So at times you can if you have a router with the ability to do a scan of your area and it will show you how many Wifi Routers are in your area using what CH and so on.. At times some of the issues really could be your Router trying to fight for your Channel it is on to provide the most stable connection to its own devices...

So for kicks and fun.. I used my Main router and ran a scan. That one I can see 22 routers and 1 wifi nvr, some might not have many bars but the router can see it and means the air waves are full of its traffic as well.. My other router that is an outdoor one and I use for my Wifi cameras I just ran a scan and found 100 routers and 4 wifi nvrs lol and 9 printers. That is with the power cut back on the Tx and RX.. I just moved it up to 3 miles and did the scan and says there is over 400 routers. I didn't look though them all to see how many more printers and wifi nvrs but you get the point.. Strange thing is I over shot my local wifi and they all went offline as soon as I extended the range. It will go a lot past the 3 miles and used to have it set at 6 because I would use it for my own Wifi while away from home. However it seems to be only stable thing to keep the cameras going longer then even the new gaming one... Sadly I do have 20 or so wifi devices in my pool of my main router. Then with the cameras I am running on wifi brings the total to 26 devices.. That is only on my Network. So then say most people only have 4 items or 6 on their wifi router. and 6 x 22 routers in my area that would be 132 more items just in my normal range on top of my own 20 + depending on the days...
Be Safe.
zerohero

Re: Extreme lag but only when viewing multiple devices.

Post by zerohero »

What are the specs of the computer running Amcrest Surveillance Pro?

Open resource monitor and see how hard your CPU is being hit by running 4 cameras vs just 1 at the same time.

My previous computer was kind of old and would only show 1 camera at a time lag free. Any more than that it would start to lag. That said, I was trying to run 4K cameras using H.265 and my old computer didn't support H.265 so it had a hard time with it.

EDIT: Just saw the date of the OP...