Event playback start time

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
swbrains

Event playback start time

Post by swbrains »

Hi, I have the NV4108E-A2 NVR with several IP5M-T1179EW cameras attached. My NVR is set to always record. I have enabled event detection in the ASP and set up masks for certain areas to be detected. When I view the playback page, it shows various event times in a vertical pane on the right side of the page. Some of them have an icon of a person walking, which I assume indicates a motion detection event.

When I double-click on a motion event, it brings the video playback to that point in time, but it seems like a few seconds into the event, which may be almost over (off display). For example, a car passing by the house may take only 3 or 4 seconds from the time it appears in-frame until it is completely out of frame. When I double-click an event to be displayed, it seems to start as the car is just about to exit the frame.

What I am wondering is if it is possible to change the offset of how far back the video starts when clicking on an event to view? That is, is it possible to start playing back the event from a time about 5 seconds before the event is detected so I can see it from the start?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Event playback start time

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry there are a lot of things that can be going on and hard to pin point just 1 thing to make what you want to happen..

However here is one of the biggest issues that will need to be cured right out of the gate.. Fast CPU, Good RAM, and a GOOD FAST CONNECTION between the computer switch/hub/router or what ever it is you have connecting between them..

How can you tell if it is any of that. Using the NVR GUI and in playback see if it is the same as it is when you are trying to use ASP if the Results from the NVR GUI is as you expect and not the same as the issue when your trying from ASP then there is something in the list above that will need to be cured if not all them.. Next and most important is if you use a Laptop with Wireless it can get even worse..

Outside of that there is the Pre-Record where it will get a motion and add the time you setup in there as the start of the event. Mainly important for people that are not full time recording because with full time recording in play you can just look at the time of the event and start a playback to 10 or so seconds before that.. However for me in cameras that have Mics if I have an event that is motion only or IVS only I need that pre - record time and if there is a need for more time then I will setup my channel with mic to have full recording in sub channel and playback audio again looking to the time of the event and starting full playback 30 or more seconds before..

With ASP while it can work well when it works well there are so many things that can happen to make playing back footage not so graceful..
Be Safe.
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Thanks for the quick reply. The playback of the same motion event starts at the same point on both the Web UI and in ASP, so it sounds like I may need to adjust the pre-record setting. Where is that setting located in ASP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Really not sure if your working by Remote and that is why you want to use ASP however to in truth ASP while it is great for watching multi devices in one screen it is kind of a PITA to make changes to devices like DVR/NVR's

However if you need to do it by the ASP you will want to bring up ASP, click on Device CFG, then click on the Device you working with, then click on Storage, then click on Schedule, then click on the channel you want, then check the time you have it setup for. Normally 4 Sec and I have it set at that and get most of my events just fine..

I will admit that when I use IVS on my device that in IVS search/Playback area the events are like you are saying however if I go to the playback area and do a search it plays it back as expected..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

That is odd in my view anyway there is some odd line at the bottom I have removed and replaced and it is still there sorry if it is for everyone I don't know why or how it got there. Tried to remove and still there..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:33 pm That is odd in my view anyway there is some odd line at the bottom I have removed and replaced and it is still there sorry if it is for everyone I don't know why or how it got there. Tried to remove and still there..
¯\(ツ) ⁄ ¯
Revo2Maxx, if you haven't identified it yet that means Shrug, and I think has been in your posts for weeks.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrug
It looks Iike it's in your Signature info.  Maybe you were hacked...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

:) Yeah thanks I know that one.. The line I was talking about maybe only on my side however here is the line I was talking about in this Photo..
Screenshot (2536).png
Screenshot (2536).png (47.35 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
Be Safe.