Enroll Cameras or NVR?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
patric

Enroll Cameras or NVR?

Post by patric »

In Surveillance Pro 1.14.1 should you add IP cameras or an NVR when setting up for the first time?
Sorry if that sounds basic but I couldnt find it in the booklet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Enroll Cameras or NVR?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you are working with NVR and want to use the cameras off the NVR then setup the IP of the NVR... Then when it comes in you will see the cameras listed under that IP for the NVR...
Be Safe.
RTA44

Post by RTA44 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:22 pm If you are working with NVR and want to use the cameras off the NVR then setup the IP of the NVR... Then when it comes in you will see the cameras listed under that IP for the NVR...
@Revo2Maxx, Please explain difference between "use the cameras off the NVR" versus NOT using the camers off the NVR. March 2019 revision of ASP user manual shows added device under the root of default group. My ASP shows NVR under the root of defaul group and cameras under the NVR. I do not understand the difference and if it is significant. :?:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if your NVR is POE then your only going to have NVR access to your cameras..

IF your NVR isn't POE or is Shared POE like one of mine 4ch POE 4Ch normal then the ones behind the POE would have to be used over the NVR access the others in that setup of 8 could be accessed either over NVR or each of the other 4 outside of the NVR can be added to the ASP 1 at a time and doing so will give the users larger control over Camera Config..

Or in my case, to make things simple, I can use my 8ch Amcrest NVR and my 4ch CVI Dvr, and my 16ch NVR to only have 3 IP devices with 28 different cameras or how many of the 28 I want however the ability to access the cameras remotely will be blocked by the devices outside the normal device remote access that they would allow.. However if I wanted total access to the Cameras behind the NVR or DVR then I would want to load any Cameras that are on the front side of the recorders (Not devices hidden by POE NVR Ports) and doing so will have larger access to the Remote Connection when needed for setup the device..
Be Safe.