Download clips from playback

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
desmo200

Download clips from playback

Post by desmo200 »

There seems to error with downloading clips of a specific time and it will download an entire hour instead of what start and end time I select. For example, if I want a 5 minute clip to download I would playback at the start point, click the scissors icon, then scan or fast-forward to the end point (5 minutes later) and click the scissors again. When the download starts the start time is correct but the end time is exactly an hour after, regardless of the time-code that I chose to be the end. Is this the correct way to select a time-span for a clip download?

My OS: Windows 10
Surveillance Pro Version: V2.003.0000001.0
Date: 2020-11-30
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Download clips from playback

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't normally use ASP for clipping

Are you trying to clip from PC-NVR? Or the Cameras MSD?

Normally I would do as you have said to get clip even from my DVR or NVR's however after a FW update it seems that don't function as it once did so now I will just Screen Record the event and or I will take it from a Motion event off the camera it self.

If it is from PC-NVR I am going to guess that your ASP is setup for 1 hour record time and it is pulling the data out of that recorded history. So last thing anyone wants to do is lower the Record times but that is 1 option then you would only have a 10min or some smaller time in the event. Also again don't know yet as I have not looked but it might give you full time and only data of the Clipped event and the hour is just wasted event space without data so clip shouldn't be much larger then your clip data? I have ASP running and recording some cameras for testing not sure if any are running full time record so I will have to make some changes for testing.. All of my cameras are going to DVR/NVR's for full time recording in general.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
desmo200

Post by desmo200 »

I am trying to pull clips from my hardware NVR (NV2108E)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry, I am sure this is a Dumb Question but is your NVR a 2104E-HS or just the E?

So I ask because maybe it is different form my 2116-HS and yes I know mine is 16ch but if yours is the HS then it is Same Gen and could be even same way of doing things..

So you said that was what you wanted to do, When I click on the Scissors on the time line it gives me an area I can adjust, I then make that adjustment from the 1 hour that it starts with to 15min and I was able to DL just 15min clip? Is that not how yours worked?

So I used my ASP, click on playback, click on 2116-HS, click on 941 that I have recording Full time seeing it has MIC. I then find an area that I want to record I click on Scissors, then at that area a box comes up that was set at 1 hour, I then changed that box with the little drag bar from the 1 hr to 15 min, it then said it was still playing and needed to stop do I want to stop I said yes and it DL to my computer that 15 min that I playback and can confirm was only 15 min long
Be Safe
desmo200

Post by desmo200 »

I think mine is the 2108E-HS, if "HS" just means that it did not come with a hard drive. I bought and put in my own HDD.

So you got me to realize that since I was zoomed in on the timeline, I was not seeing the clip end point. I was thinking that clicking on the timeline a second time was setting the end point. So the process is to click the scissors, then click on the timeline, then adjust start and end points as needed (zooming out if the endpoint is out of view), click the scissors again to download.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

HS is for the updated 4k version of the device. So there are some that are pre dated systems and are without the HS and then the HS was added and has 4k camera ability and different FW options with updated 4.0 being the newest offering from 2020..

Either way just wanted to make sure incase it wasn't the same that maybe it was different for one or the other however should be same features on all the systems.
Be Safe