Disable the "Connect the Dots" login?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Wileym

Disable the "Connect the Dots" login?

Post by Wileym »

I selected the "Connect the Dots" login challenge/lock tool during the initial setup of the nvr. Is there any way to remove that function? I've determined that there is no risk if it is not used in my home environment.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Disable the "Connect the Dots" login?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

SO I am not sure if your talking about Removing the ability to not use Pattern or if your talking about your system not Logging out?

So if you want to remove the Pattern then yes you can do so. Go to the User area, then Admin then in there where you would change the password is where the pattern is located and just move the switch to off.. However be it known every time you reboot the system or depending on Recorder any time the HDD is Formatted you will have to log back in using your password.

Next if that isn't what your taking about you don't want to be bothered with Logging in because the system logged you out after 10 min as it is setup from the start. Then you would want to change that..

From GUI, Right click, Main Menu, Then system. In system area you will see a Auto Log out it is setup from start at 10min. Change that to 0 and the system will not log out. However that is only in the GUI so if you use the WebUI the system still logs out as normal there is no way around that.
Be Safe.