Devices not being remembered.

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Dan87

Devices not being remembered.

Post by Dan87 »

Hello! :-) I have been using Amcrest cameras since 2016 and have been slowly adding additional over time. I'm now up to 8 cameras and have a frustrating problem I have not been able to resolve. When I initially install the surveillance pro software, I can add devices and they will save. However, if I down the road add additional cameras, the software NEVER remembers them. I have to re-enter all my new devices every single time I launch it. The views save however, so when I launch the view, it'll display "Unknown Device!" I work in IT and for the life of me can't figure out why it just will not save. It is happening regardless if the software is being launched as an administrator, or not. I am running Windows Defender and Malware Bytes pro. There are no errors being reported in event viewer. What can I do to have the software remember the devices I am entering in daily so I don't have to spend minutes every day adding them back? Even if I simply just close out of the program and relaunch, it will have forgotten the new devices. This is happening with the standalone IP cameras, along with the doorbell I added just this weekend. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated! If I completely uninstall and reinstall, it seems to retain the settings, but that can't be right? I'm running Windows 10, V 1909.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Devices not being remembered.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Dan87 Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

So you mentioned that you wanted to have topic moved so It is now in the ASP as you mentioned and Hope you find what your looking for...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

If you are using ASP V1, try using Export/Import on Devices page to see if you can sort it out.
Otherwise try uninstalling ASP V1 and installing ASP V2 to see it corrects it. It also has Export/Import, and Backup/Restore which saves other settings too. Click gear icon at top of screen.
https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13561.html
Dan87

Post by Dan87 »

This seems to be resolved in version 2.0! I've been using this for several weeks now, and this new version seems to be exponentially better than the original! Very happy with 2.0 so far. :)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Very nice thanks for the update.. Hope things keep working out for you...
Be Safe.