checkbox for auto-tracking a V3 ?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
StratRider

checkbox for auto-tracking a V3 ?

Post by StratRider »

I have searched the best I can in this forum but can not find where the ASP software has a box to check for turning on and off the auto-tracking on my ip2m-841-v3 unit.
I need to go to the webui and it is under the Events / video config section but it would sure be nice to just be able to change it in ASP.
Please let me know if it is in there and I am just missing something. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: checkbox for auto-tracking a V3 ?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah you will want to use the app or web u for making changes to brand new cameras
Be Safe.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

the ASP app doesn't have the option. It does everything else that I seem to need so far.
But to turn on/off the auto-tracking, you have to use the webUI. I'm disappointed.
Thanks
jack7

Post by jack7 »

You should also be able to click the auto tracking icon at the bottom of live stream in Amcrest View Pro.
StratRider

Post by StratRider »

well, I run Blue Iris now and I don't really expect it to be able to turn this function on/off so I would like to just choose one other piece of software that I can view all of my cams with and still perform this feat.
I've never run "View Pro" because I thought ASP being newer would be superior - but it is missing this simple on-off for the V3.
Right now I am having to run 3 softwares to get what I want and it is frustrating - BI / ASP / webUI and I didn't want to add a 4th. I'll grab View Pro and maybe it can replace ASP for what I need - if not, I just wanted to let Amcrest know that leaving this function out of ASP seems to make no sense to me - probably mistakenly overlooked it.