Can't get recording to PC-NVR to work

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mclemens

Can't get recording to PC-NVR to work

Post by mclemens »

I have 8 Amcrest cameras (3 IP2M-841B, 4 IP4M-1051 and 1 IP3M-943B). All of the cameras are working correctly in live view and will record using the local record feature that can be enabled at the camera level.

All the cameras are using the latest firmware that is available. The 841B and 1051 cameras were recently updated to the latest firmware. The 943b wasn't updated because there a firmware update was not available.

All the cameras are setup on PC-NVR page and 1TB of space is allocated. The record plan for each camera is set to "regular" (green) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and no holidays are defined.

When I use playback the only camera that is recording is the 943B (the one with the oldest firmware). The other 7 never appear in the playback data.

PC-NVR appears in the list of devices and is online.

I have deleted the entire PC-NVR configuration and started over a couple of times but nothing ever changes. Each time I did this I stopped both ASP and PC-NVR and restarted the PC. The results are always the same - just the 943 camera is recording.

The PC is a Dell Optiplex 7070 with an i7-9700T CPU (2Ghz) with 16gb of memory. It runs a fully patched version of Windows 10 Pro.

Any ideas as to what I can do to the other 7 cameras to record using PC-NVR?

Thanks for your help.
mclemens

Re: Can't get recording to PC-NVR to work

Post by mclemens »

I should have added to my post that I am using the following versions:

ASP - 1.14.1 with a build date of 2016-10-18

PC-NVR - 2.144
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your cameras connected VIA P2P or IP?

Can you upload a Picture of your PC-NVR page? Meaning a Picture of your PC-NVR Device Management area.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

All the cameras are connected using IP and all are on my local network - 192.168.1.xxx.

Here's a link to the NVR setup screen pics:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so not sure. When you click playback, then PC-NVR to list your cameras are there no other cameras listed besides the one you mention in your post? or are they listed just nothing there to playback?

Did you setup all the cameras for Full time Recording? I mean I know you only showed the one sorry I don't know the one you showed might be the only one that playback where others are not setup for it..

Sorry not there so I have to ask questions that seem dumb but in truth is needed to have a better understanding of what is going on..

Also does your cameras have access to the internet or are they all hidden behind a firewall?

Looking at your HDD manager does it say that your HDD space is being used up more then what it should be for the use of 1 camera? Or is it very little every day?
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

When the playback window is active, and I click on the plus sign next to PC-NVR all cameras are listed. Their names show up as CAM 1 through CAM 8 instead of the names that show up in live view.

All the cameras are setup with the same record plan. The one in the screen capture I uploaded is one of the 7 cameras that does not record anything.

All the cameras are behind a firewall - no connection to the internet.

When I look at the folder on the drive allocated for recording, I see that there 1,000 files each with 1GB allocated. These files are sequentially named from 0 to 1023. These files are created when you first allocate the space using the data management panel.

The pattern of usage for these files is somewhat strange. They were all created when I allocated the space yesterday afternoon. I placed another jpg in the Google drive folder I shared earlier that shows the last modified dates for the files.

I noticed that the files are not used in file name sequence and the time to switch between files is also somewhat random - from as long almost 2 hours to as short as 2 minutes. A drive meter I have shows kB/s as low as around 250 and as high as 520.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is a guess?
I think it might be network related. Please understand this is pure speculation on my part.
What I world try is giving access to one of the camera that don't playback right now. Make sure your router isn't blocking canera traffic that camera ip address also make sure the canera has good gateway and dns. Personally would add 8.8.8.8 for dns.
Please note I am not saying open ports or anything like that just make sure there are no blocked ports.
Something also any of the camera have micro SD? If so can you play back the cameras micro SD footage?
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

All of cameras use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for DNS. Gateway address for all cameras is 192.168.1.254 which is the IP address of my router. All the cameras have static IP addresses.

None of the cameras have micro SD cards.

If there was some networking problem would I be still be able to view all of them in live view and also have them do what Amcrest calls "local recording"? Local recording is activated using the left most icon from the set of icons displayed on the right side of a camera's window in live view.
These icons are displayed when you hover the mouse in the dark gray area just above the display for a camera in live view.

There are two things different about the one camera that records and the 7 cameras that don't. The one that records is connected using WIFI, the 7 that don't work are connected using Ethernet.

Also the camera that works has really old firmware from 2017 (there isn't a newer version available for 9543B), the 7 that don't work have the newest firmware available for the specific model of the camera. This firmware is from 2019 for the 1051 cameras and 2020 for the 841B cameras.

I going to change one of the cameras that uses Ethernet to WIFI and see what happens.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok. So that is why I am asking..

I know that when I tried to playback using a 841 on 2019 FW I was not able to play it back. I called Support and I was told that the Camera is an IP camera and Requires Internet access and so that is why I asked. At that time my camera was not on internet because my Cabin had lost the connection and had to wait for them to restore it. I had a older FW brought out from my house and found that camera with 2017 FW played the footage without issue.

Ok so I am not sure maybe there was a missing thing while setting up and the others for some reason it isn't recording the right stream? So I would maybe try and see if there are anything recorded in the Sub Stream. Sorry I don't know that is an odd one..

Maybe @jack7 has some insight to what is going on. I personally use NVR and DVR for recording my main devices because I don't want things like this to happen when I need the footage..
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

Which NVR do you use? Would you recommend the oen you use. I assume they work better than PC-NVR.

I tried an NVR several years ago and was never able to get it to work. The one I tired was an Amcrest NV4108. The link below shows the info on the one I tried.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A7 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm going to see if I can install a previous version of the firmware on at least one of the cameras and see what happens.

Thanks for you help.