Can't get recording to PC-NVR to work

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't get recording to PC-NVR to work

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well right now I have the Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR, I also have a 4108, 4108E, 4108E-HS and the 2116-HS for NVR's from Amcrest, I also own the Dahua 3108E-P4 and a few more recorders for BNC cameras.

I am not sure what you mean you couldn't get it to work? All of the DVR/NVRs I have ever bought from Amcrest has been by far the easiest to set up. I have some Hikvision, and some of the Hikvision OEM's that were a PITA to setup.

Some things to keep in mind when using DVR/NVR is if you setup and don't format the HDD every so often the system might crash I am not sure why. I had a 4108E setup in a Remote location that I left for a long time just on Full time Recording. After some months I logged into check on things to find that my 4tb HDD had an error and that error caused the recorder to crash. After a reboot it would be ok for a day or 2 that was when I noticed every time it had this issue the HDD was full. From then on I will let my Recorder go maybe 1 week in Record over old footage mode before I Format the HDD I have not had any other issues with that HDD or Recorder since.

For today. I personally would look at getting one of Amcrest 2xxx-hs series or 4xxx-hs series and make sure to add the 2019 or newer 4.0 version Firmware on them machine. It works better and has updated things like using pattern over having to put in a password every time it reboots or you happen to reboot the NVR..

If you like the Ability to know why your getting an alert outside of just motion then, The 4216E-AI is a great NVR, Has many features that not everyone would use. I really wish I was able to use more then 1 type of feature at a time but that is why I have 2 different AI recorders anyway lol. If you happen to live in an area where you might have issues with false alarms and things like that then I would look at getting a AI recorder. You can setup Tripwires, intrusion by default on 2 of the NVR's channels without needing a AI camera. Having a AI camera will just add that many more Channels with AI ability. Also right now I have been playing with some different settings that I normally don't use.. I have them on my 1046EW-AI Camera on Ch8. I have Gathering, Tripwire, Intrusion, and Loitering all setup testing the features being used at 1 time. I have to admit it is a nice camera and features are working great on my 4216E-AI NVR. Again the main thing for me is seeing how well the other features from the camera work over my NVR seeing the NVR only offers the 2 type IVS Tripwire and Intrusion and I will be a-lot more happy as soon as Amcrest updates the Amcrest View Pro to work with the IVS rules..

SO for now I use DMSS to get the alarms and that way i can look at only things that I feel the need. Like maybe at 3pm I don't want a lot of people Loitering and if I got a message of such I know to look and again this would be after getting the Crowd Gathering message. Picture Below is DMSS and the alerts I got today on it with my 1046 AI camera..
DMSS.jpg
DMSS.jpg (140.9 KiB) Viewed 7308 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I don't know, but maybe(?) the problem is caused by using pre-2017 ASP v1 and PC-NVR exe, and not the current ASP V2 with PC-NVR 3.0 exe.  2017 camera firmware worked  and 2019-20 firmware did not.  The current ASP v2 is dated 201130 and is located here:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro
Revo's last post about Amcrest NVRs sounds pretty good to me.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I can confirm that the older VERSION won't play new FW of cameras as Jack7 has said. That wasn't something I personally knew about because I haven't used the old 1.41 version for some time. I do still have it on my FTP server and all the cameras that I had connected to it are all on older FW. So I removed all of them from ASP, besides one to make sure it would record after adding some newer FW cameras and sure enough all the 2017 and older work fine like my 850's and my 841's that I have on older FW. After adding and removing cameras have to remember to stop PC-NVR and start again to make the setup complete..

Crazy thing is that my cameras will not playback from PC-NVR on the new FW cameras however I can on the playback page load the files off the cameras Micro SD cards just fine.
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

I've put SD cards in a couple of my cameras and can confirm that you can play back the files using ASP without problem. I think I will put SD cards in all 8 cameras and not use PC-NVR for anything.

Since you can play back files from SD cards using ASP or through the web interface and you can also save files from SD cards to a PC I don't see the point with any additional effort getting PC-NVR to work or buying a hardware NVR.

One thing that is nice with the new versions of firmware is that you can display real time video through the web interface. At least it works with EDGE, I haven't tried it with any other browsers. Also things dealing with files, like exporting the configuration of a camera, now work with the new firmware.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand. To be honest, the new Version of ASP is much nicer then the older 1.41 version. However the only down side even to 1.41 is that you have to have a Computer on full time to record. So that is where a NVR like 2116-HS or even a 2108-HS would come in good for keeping the Power Power Use down.. 3w without a HDD and 15watts with one. So power is very low.

Then if you wanted POE then your looking at little different numbers but really is low compared to a computer running full time. Also don't have to worry about updates to the computer lagging things down not that it does much just saying things to keep in mind. For the cost of 7 MSD cards to be honest you could buy a used NVR for the same cost..

You in the US or UK?
Be Safe
mclemens

Post by mclemens »

I'm in the US. Currently getting charged 16 cents per KW hour.

I'll give the SD cards a try and if they don't work out I'll get an NVR. I can always use the SD cards in my dash cameras.

Converting to the new version of ASP will be a good project for this winter when it's snowing and below zero.

Thanks for your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sent you a PM
Be Safe
BigDee

Post by BigDee »

I know this is a bit of an old thread.. But I wanted to reply since I was having the same issue, researched everywhere, and couldn't find an answer. Since you were already able to successfully setup your cameras and the PC-NVR shows online, I won't get into how to set that up. But the only way I was able to get my PC-NVR to record motion events to my PC was to open the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software, at the Home menu open 'Events', choose your camera on the left to 'unlock' the options on the right, select 'Motion Detect', turn the slider to on, use the Schedule tab to choose schedule. I do not have Alarm sound or send mail to on.
Hope this helps some people out there.. Makes no sense to me why you need to turn Events on.. But it's the only way I was able to make it work.. You also need to download and install the latest version of Amcrest Surveillance Pro