Can't Get PC-NVR to Record

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
indigojon

Can't Get PC-NVR to Record

Post by indigojon »

New User of ASP. New Camera IP8M-T2499EB. Followed instructions for setup in manual; allocated disk space on USB external HDD. Set recording schedule as instructed. Trying to (Regular) record 5-minute segment twice each day.

There seem to be more settings than were mentioned in the instruction manual. Also, no mention in manual that ASP must be running in systray, logged in with P/W.

When I try to playback, get message "Channel IPC has no record!"

Also, it looks as if there are two places to set up a recording schedule...one under <Settings> <Device Cfg> <Storage> <Record>, and another under <Settings> <PC-NVR> and then "Record Plan" on the menu at the left.

I don't know what else to do.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't Get PC-NVR to Record

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hate to ask but after setting up PC-NVR and Giving HDD space and setting up things for it to record did you shut down ASP and shut down PC-NVR and re-Start them both after setting up?

If not I would close ASP, then in the system Tray click the ^ and quit PC-NVR it will ask you for the Password then once that is offline I just count to 10 and start it again then bring up ASP and full time should start

About motion.. You might want to go back in your camera and look over the Grid and make sure it is setup for Motion I have had it that ASP took out my Cameras settings for Motion and even took out my Motion settings from my NVR that I had it on.. Not saying that is the issue but I would look at the Grid, Make sure it is setup for your needs and then again restart PC-NVR out of the system tray

I have deleted ASP and PC-NVR.. Just DL again and installed on my computer I am on ATM and went though and setup everything and setup motion and setup all things PC-NVR and ASP and sadly when all said and done with only a small area of full time recording after that time was up all recordings stopped and when I went and logged into the camera sure enough the Grid is gone again even setting up this time I know it was there before setting up in ASP because I have it setup to record Full time and Motion on my NVR... So log into your Camera, check the setup for event motion, click on Grid setup and see that your Grid is there...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One of the things that I am happy to report.. Working with my Multi IP address setup that in the past version of 1.41 of asp didn't like to work with PC-NVR when on a computer with more then 1 IP.. This time I was thinking ok don't forget to take out the extra IP's if I can't setup PC-NVR for recording and this time with my 5 IP's in my computers Network config setting ASP and PC-NVR up with my main IP address has no issues that I have had in the past with more then 1 IP... So that is good news.
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@indigojon
indigojon wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am New User of ASP. New Camera IP8M-T2499EB. Followed instructions for setup in manual; allocated disk space on USB external HDD. Set recording schedule as instructed. Trying to (Regular) record 5-minute segment twice each day.
That sounds correct if everthing is saved properly.

There seem to be more settings than were mentioned in the instruction manual. a10Also, no mention in manual that ASP must be running in systray, logged in with P/W.
PC/NVR service needs to be running to record, ASP does not.

When I try to playback, get message "Channel IPC has no record!"
You are searching a camera, not the PC/NVR. To search, select PC-NVR device and desired Cam number under it.

Also, it looks as if there are two places to set up a recording schedule...one under <Settings> <Device Cfg> <Storage> <Record>, and another under <Settings> <PC-NVR> and then "Record Plan" on the menu at the left.
To record PC-NVR regular records, it doesn't matter what the settings are in the camera as long as you can receive the proper camera live stream in ASP and set up PC-NVR properly.

I don't know what else to do.
BillGibbs

Post by BillGibbs »

I was having the same issue uninstalled the version I was running and installed the beta version. Big changes in looks of the software but now can local record and playback from my harddrive 8-)