Camera "failed to open" in Live View after TCP port change

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
jhambach

Camera "failed to open" in Live View after TCP port change

Post by jhambach »

Changed TCP port in web UI and in ASP Devices for IP8M-T2499EW-40MM IP Camera and now I'm getting "failed to open" in Live View. Camera shows 'online' in IP Config and ASP Devices. Works fine in View Pro mobile with changed TCP port. Tried several different TCP ports, other than 37777. Only when I change TCP port back to 37777 does is work in Live View. Rebooted both camera and computer, still not working. Any suggestions?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Camera "failed to open" in Live View after TCP port change

Post by longedge »

May I ask how long you are waiting after receiving that message. If I logon to the web interface of one of my IP3M-941's it appears to not respond. Once when I went away to get a drink, I came back to find that it had connected. After that I timed how long it took and it's never less than one and a half minutes and has been anything up to three minutes.

Even though the camera appears to be 'dead' it always answers icmp requests (pings).

I'm afraid I don't know why this happens but I've had similar experiences with all my Amcrest cameras at one time or another.

Just bye the bye, I have found that once Amcrest Surveillance Pro 'latches' on to the camera's live stream it is rock solid.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
jhambach

Post by jhambach »

I get the "failed to open" in ASP Live View almost immediately when I drag the icon into the window. I never had a problem or an error when changing the TCP port in web UI. The reason that I wanted to change the TCP port number from 37777, I am trying to configure my cameras to be viewed remotely. Since my original post, I deleted my cameras and added them back with the "P2P Setup", instead of the IP/Domain/DDNS, which seems to have solved my problems. I can now see all of my cameras remotely and in the Live View of ASP. I hope this helps you.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

It's good to hear you've solved your problem :) .

TBH it's not an issue for me. I use my Amcrest cameras exclusively via ASP on my PC running 24/7 and which, as I say is rock solid once it's connected to the live streams (well except for once every 2 weeks when I do a full system backup and then re-boot).
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03