Best settings for cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
stillrivereditions

Best settings for cameras?

Post by stillrivereditions »

Just set up the application on Mac OS 11.5 Now wondering what are best settings for my two cameras, both with default settings in app are showing stuttering and pixelation. Any suggestions would be helpful since there are so many options.

Cameras are ASH21-B and a ASH22-W

Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Best settings for cameras?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to make sure that your Internet connection is good enough to have a lot of Wifi cameras connected.. Netgear is a good router for connecting Wifi cameras might need to reboot it ever so often to keep it fresh...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
stillrivereditions

Post by stillrivereditions »

I am using these at my business so forced to use Comcast Business router/modem. Have 1GB service and 1GB network/switches. So pretty sure it can handle the best possible data feed. It is just that there are so many settings for each camera in this software and want somebody with experience to get me in the correct direction.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I don't have the Ash22 I do however have the ASH21 and one of the most important things with these and all smart home cameras is to remember they work on the Smart Home App they don't have a WebUI and if you want to work with them on a PC or Mac one would need to DL and install Amcrest Surveillance Pro..

Outside of that there is no way to really give one persons setup for a camera to another person seeing there are just to many Factors in the settings that make this not work right. SO what might want for person x might work for person y and for factors within the area of install don't work for person z so it is best to find what works for your needs..

About issues with Stuttering and Pixilation you might need to check that there is a clear and clean connection with the camera to the router not to far from it and has good connection. If your running Wifi you will need to make sure to setup the ASH21 on WIFI for WIFI if you setup on a cable and try to connect to Wifi it will only work on the Smart home app.. For the ASH21 to stay working on Wifi it needs to start off as Wifi...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe