Auto Search not working. Events area greyed out..

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
McDx

Auto Search not working. Events area greyed out..

Post by McDx »

Hi there everyone i had a few questions about the Surveillance Pro software. I upgraded my camera server and reinstalled the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software. On the previous computer the auto search detected my subnet as 192.168.1.1 and found the cameras instantly. Very easy to setup. This new computer the auto search populates the IP address section with some weird IP 169.254.54.255. I manually change the IP address field back to search 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.255 and it never finds any camera's. At this point I have to use camera finder tool and manually enter each camera one at a time. Is there any way to fix the auto search?

I have 16 IP5M-B1186EW-28MM Camera's using the Surveillance Pro software on windows 10

Another issue is I'm trying to setup motion alarm to email motion alerts however the "events" section doesn't show my PC-NVR group and is completely greyed out. Is the event alarm something I would have to edit in each camera individually or can I use the Surveillance Pro to batch these alarm events? A bit confused about that.

Thank you for any advice. I attached some pictures.
James
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.22 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (33.55 KiB) Viewed 2470 times
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Auto Search not working. Events area greyed out..

Post by longedge »

I'm guessing that you've misunderstood the default value in ASP for a detected one. As I read it, your LAN is on 192.168. You can click into the "Device Segment" area components and enter values that are appropriate to your LAN e.g. 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255

For myself I avoid using ASP auto detect as I've always found it very hit and miss.

For an initial setup after doing a reset on any of my cameras, I connect to my network by ethernet and then log in to my router to see what IP addresses have been allocated and then, for my router I can specify that those addresses are always allocated. I then use my web browser to log in to the camera web interface to complete the setup in there. Once again my experience is that ASP is not a good place to change camera settings and the web interface is by far the best option.

My belt and braces approach when completing the setup is to go to the network settings and change from DHCP to fixed IP.

When you've added your camera/s then you'll be able to add them to a group for viewing. Once again, I've found that settings for events are best handled through the camera web interface.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Auto Search not working. Events area greyed out..

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes the ASP and Dahua SmartPSS both no longer find anything on my computer when I do a search this way. Only finds PC-NVR. Thought my ASH21 also came up in search however it didn't today and might be it only did when it was in Wifi and I have it on Ethernet cable right now.

About the Events. I would Close the ASP and Open again and see if your list comes in to the Events area.. I know when I removed my ASH21 and added it back trying to see if it would be found in the search, I setup it back in PC-NVR as I had it and turned on a fast 1 hour full time recording and when I went to play it back only my second camera that was already in the list was now listed. It wasn't until I closed the program and started it again that I was able to see the ASH21 again in PC-NVR. So maybe that is what you need to do is Close ASP and start again.
Be Safe.