Auto Changing Color and B/W

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
RAMCREST644

Auto Changing Color and B/W

Post by RAMCREST644 »

I can't find where can I change the sensitivity to change via auto with color and B/W? THANKS!
RAMCREST644

Re: Auto Changing Color and B/W

Post by RAMCREST644 »

I mean DAY / NIGHT.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You don't say what camera you are working with but in my experience, making changes to camera settings from ASP should be avoided (even though it's possible to change some settings). I have found that it causes unwanted side effects.

I believe that the best way to make any changes is by using the camera web interface. For all my cameras, the options are the same, that is under Camera/Configuration/DayNight you have settings for what the camera will do for three profiles General, Day and Night and for each of those the Mode can be set as Color, B/W or Auto and you can specify a switching delay.

For myself I find that in all cases the Auto setting on minimum delay of 2 seconds provides the best results.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
RAMCREST644

Post by RAMCREST644 »

Ah! Thank You!, I will do that today.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also find it at times if there is a camera in a spot that gets hot and cold camera changes I will set the camera to manually go into B/W rather then have it setup for Auto. Only issue with this is having to keep an eye on the seasons to make sure the camera is changing into and out of the right setting at the right time. Lucky for me only have 2 cameras I have to do that with. If I don't it just clicks in and out of B/W mode for an hour and drives me nuts lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe