ASP vs Orion

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mcdye

ASP vs Orion

Post by mcdye »

On pc should one be using ASP or Orion for Amcrest NVR NV4108E-A2?

Is Orion a replacement for ASP?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASP vs Orion

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In theory it is an updated Alternative that has options for features that are on cameras that are not part of ASP. There is MQTT within the Server part for devices or software that might use that type of communication. Along with many other things as well. Only issue is that at some point it will be a paid service from what I think I understand. At this time it will work without buying any LIC#

IF you are looking to use a system for a Second monitor. Like with my 5232E-16P where it works with 2 monitors looking at different cameras on the second monitor upto 16ch.. Only issue is in this setup on 2 monitors if something is going on that you need to work with lets say 17-32 is being displayed on the second monitor and something going on with ch22 when you make the main display work with Ch22 all other channels that was being monitored on the main screen is no longer being seen.. So with ASP or Orion you could use that monitor full time to monitor the system while using the NVR to make changes to the cameras in question all while having full view of the second monitor .. IF you are looking for that type of thing then I would use ASP to be honest.. Also there is a learning curve to setup and use Orion. However if you have never used either then maybe starting with Orion would be the best bet for all the extra offered if options that you use for your NVR and Cameras...
Be Safe.
mcdye

Re: ASP vs Orion

Post by mcdye »

Thanks for the reply. I am using ASP, it seems dated and possibly not receiving updates. Thus, I didn't know if I should switch to Orion.