ASP: PTZ labels are not saved

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
BobTheDroid

ASP: PTZ labels are not saved

Post by BobTheDroid »

To reproduce. Create Preset (Edit, write description, Save), Exit application. Launch application. The label is lost. Sometimes it's lost while switching to other cams, without exiting. Version 2.003.0000001.0
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASP: PTZ labels are not saved

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am using ASP with my Very old PTZ camera and it works for my system. I can only guess that maybe the camera you are using don't support PTZ Naming? So this will bring up the default names on the next load?

What camera did you try it with?

On my Amcrest 850EB, When I make a new name in ASP that name translates to my 850 and shows on the screen that the preset was made in that name.

So I did another test as I don't normally name my Presets anymore. I mean I do on my older Samsung cameras because there is just loads more there so I use names to remind me of what the Preset is and function of the Preset like if it is Color at night or if it is Motion Tracking type of things. For my Amcrest devices I normally don't name as it is just a Preset to a spot not much to change in that spot. So with all that said. I also tried it with my 841V3 and only changed preset 1 to Main saved it and logged out of ASP then brought it back up and it was still there as well..

What camera are you trying to name and it isn't setting?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

Ash21 is the camera I'm using. Thank you for your reply. Newest firmware. The presents do save, but not the labels. Kind of a hassle to remember them :roll:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks. So that will confirm that it will not Name the ASH21 or the ASH47 as I have both cameras and they are Smart Home Devices. My guess is that the Naming part of the Presets are part of the WebUI (Built in Server) on a normal IP camera. The ASH line being a Smart Home Product don't have a built in server that you can connect to so there is no where for the camera to store that info. Even tried to do this using my ASH47 over my NVR and the NVR still tries to pass that name to the camera..

So I thought I had found a Solution however that didn't pan out either.. I can't say that is how it is with all devices as I didn't look and I will keep trying some other options. However I thought if I took my DVR turned on IP channels and setup my ASH cameras on my DVR that it might work. However it looks like my 8m16-H5 and my 7108-AI DVR's are just to smart for that lol. Both turning on IP and adding the channels when I setup the Preset it again is trying to write it to the device and didn't save the same as I thought it would. Sorry thought this because I can take a TVI camera on my DVR's and save preset names for cameras that are on my DVR that are not Amcrest devices and the DVR stores the name in the DVR. SO I thought maybe it would do the same for the IP channels and No it still tries to pass that info to the IP camera and I know this because after trying both my ASH21 and ASH47 I connected my 850 and setup a different preset with a new name and sure enough it passed it to the camera
Be Safe
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

I think it has a server, just no WebUI interface. (this is tentative, I'm playing with the Dahua SDK API right now). I'm not using any DVRs, just the micro SD card and the software that I wrote myself to interface with the cams. Ash is a different breed. It's not like your IP-whatever cams.
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

The home app (press the flag icon) gives you a weird odometer style interface...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So, Your right and I like to just say they don't have a Server seeing most servers you can connect to like other IP cameras that work with WebUI. So I should stop saying it don't have a Server when what I mean is it don't have a User Based Interface to be able to connect to and do other things with like you can a Traditional IP Cameras..

YOur ASH21 must be a v2 or V3 as my normal ASh21 don't have a Flag Icon..

So the ASH21 does have ability to work with RSTP and NVR based connection like a normal IP camera just no UI for Config of the camera. Thing can be done using API however again it isn't as Complete as a Normal IP Camera would be as the main use was to work with Smart Home App.

So no naming might be able to make something based on HA or some other 3rd party software that could name your Presets..
Be Safe
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

Thank you for all of your replies. Seems like you've been dealing with Amcrest for a while. I'll take a different approach here and let you know if I find something. 8-)
BobTheDroid

Post by BobTheDroid »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:21 pm Thanks. So that will confirm that it will not Name the ASH21 or the ASH47 as I have both cameras and they are Smart Home Devices. My guess is that the Naming part of the Presets are part of the WebUI (Built in Server) on a normal IP camera. The ASH line being a Smart Home Product don't have a built in server that you can connect to so there is no where for the camera to store that info. Even tried to do this using my ASH47 over my NVR and the NVR still tries to pass that name to the camera..

So I thought I had found a Solution however that didn't pan out either.. I can't say that is how it is with all devices as I didn't look and I will keep trying some other options. However I thought if I took my DVR turned on IP channels and setup my ASH cameras on my DVR that it might work. However it looks like my 8m16-H5 and my 7108-AI DVR's are just to smart for that lol. Both turning on IP and adding the channels when I setup the Preset it again is trying to write it to the device and didn't save the same as I thought it would. Sorry thought this because I can take a TVI camera on my DVR's and save preset names for cameras that are on my DVR that are not Amcrest devices and the DVR stores the name in the DVR. SO I thought maybe it would do the same for the IP channels and No it still tries to pass that info to the IP camera and I know this because after trying both my ASH21 and ASH47 I connected my 850 and setup a different preset with a new name and sure enough it passed it to the camera
Thanks for your investigations!!!!