ASP Not Connecting Using P2P

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
madmacks

ASP Not Connecting Using P2P

Post by madmacks »

Strange behavior...

Running the "latest" version of ASP on a current PC using Windows 11 Pro. I also run ASP via emulation on my MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro version connects just fine to remote cameras using P2P connectivity, but the PC runnng the same OS and ASP versions does NOT connect. It can connect to local cameras if I add them using IP addresses, but none of the P2P configurations connect. I've made sure Defender allows both private and public network access.

Any ideas?
PedroHin

Re: ASP Not Connecting Using P2P

Post by PedroHin »

I've had similar issues before. Sometimes an account's password hash seems to be the culprit. Create a new Admin level user and try to connect using that.
madmacks

Post by madmacks »

To clarify... What do you mean by create a new admin level user? On the WinDoze machine? Or on the individual cameras?
PedroHin

Post by PedroHin »

madmacks wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:04 am To clarify... What do you mean by create a new admin level user? On the WinDoze machine? Or on the individual cameras?
On the camera itself. You can create a new user with the same permissions as the account named admin.