ASP and PC-NVR your only means of Recording...

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

ASP and PC-NVR your only means of Recording...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all So first of all. I am only Human and as such make mistakes lol... Some bigger then others... So with that said back on topic...

A Computer running ASP with PC-NVR can and will work without much issue to store Footage on your Computers HDD...

So while in the resent text and testing I have done with a computer for what ever reason will not let me use PC-NVR even though it is clearly working in the back ground and is running on my computer at start up...

So I have done more testing with a few of my Computers... Some of this testing is little more under Stress test for the lack of better terms.. I like to Real World test things when I can.. So I am not going to go over all of the findings in my testing... However I will say that it can be done and can be done with out much strain once you get your system setup for recording... I ran the Test on 2 Game Machines one with 32gb ram and full SSD 240gb and 1tb ssd. I personally wouldn't go this route but did well on stats. 6 Cameras recording on PC-NVR and Live view of 6 streams of the cameras. Checked the system stats at the CPU was at 36% with very little flex... This computer is a Acer Predator G3 I7 7700k, 32gb ram and 8gb Video GTX 1070. When I did the Play back test I wanted to see what happens when i left the Live on in the tab above and while searching for videos didn't add much to the CPU... Once I started play back of 4 IP cameras from the PC-NVR data at first I made mistake of pulling data from the cameras lol this did do a burst of 55% then noticed it was wrong data. SO did search off the PC-NVR lol.. Once I loaded the Cameras leaving the 2 CVI cameras alone. they were there in window but not playing the CPU was at 64%. So I thought I would close the Live Play back and see if that freed up some CPU. Went to 66%... The other test was Cyber PC with i5 9400f 8gb ram and 6gb 1660Gtx GPU.. Both systems are Pure SSD Drives Both are 240gb and 1tb. Removed the HDD for better performance... While less ram sadly it did outperform the 7700k but not by much.. Also might be less bloat ware on the Cyberpower PC... Because I fresh loaded Win10 Pro on it...

OK well went in more data then I was going to... Because I thought not many people would want to give up their game machines to do a NVR when one of them PC's for the Price would pay for 5 TOP end NVR the Cyber PC 2 high end NVRs... However I thought ok Lets look at another PC... This one is same year or close to the same as the AMD 4300 I did the test on... However this one I took out the Graphics card because the CPU has one where the 4300 didn't... So this test and the Test I am going to call Good enough to record as many IP cameras as ASP will let you. I think 16 is the number I could be wrong... However... This test was with 4 IP cameras 3 841's 1 on new FW and 2 on the 2.520 2017 version... The 4th is a 751 recording at 720p.. 2 Cameras I set up for Motion only recording.. I thought lets test Real world here... I wanted to see if Trigger of motion added stress to cpu. I didn't notice any extra strain... Setup PC-NVR on ASP without Looking at Demands I wanted to just setup. without knowing....

Setup...
PC is a i3 3240 with 8gb Ram and 1tb WD HDD...
ASP setup all cameras as stated. I brought in all the IP cameras first... 195, 215,218 and 219. Then I added the CVI dvr that already had the 218 and 219 on it but wanted both in for testing...
Started PC-NVR, adding to to my Static IP i3 computer ip 139.
Started PC-NVR to auto load on Reboots...
Right Clicked the CVI group on the right and clicked on Load Main checked all the cameras that listed and added them.
Then I added the 215 (841 2015)
Then added the 751
Rebooted computer.
Loaded CVI camera set by choosing Main Stream 4 screens pop up I change to 9 and they stay on Main Steam then I add the 215 and the 195 to have 6 streaming live feeds... Ctrl, Alt Delete and check the performance and doing well at a 48% to 53% moving between cameras and such kept thing under 60%. I then loaded the Playback off the PC-NVR and adding cameas as you have to or only way i knew how 1 at a time went from 75% to a 100% on all IP cameras loaded in a 9 window setup was going to bring in Cam1 and 2 but with the Live View active it didn't want to laod.. SO I pressed the X of the Live View and with all 6 cameras in playback they were playing but wouldn't sync.. and with all 6 camera in playback only it was going from 92 to 100% but was able to switch and look over things without lag...

So in the End... I wanted to also look at the Flow with just PC-NVR running and ASP off after a reboot... So shut down and rebooted computer... PC-NVR loads on reload and starts Recording the Camera as you had them setup... I then CTRL alt and Del again and checked performance was at 19% CPU for total... however looking at PC-NVR there was nothing on CPU tax only HDD and memory didn't think about the % of network as I wasn't looking at that lol... Under normal testing with ASP running and live view it was 44 to 50megs

I would use this computer without issue to record ip cameras if I didn't have another way of Recording already... I can tell you this will mess up the Time of the cameras I don't know why but all of them get all crazy on the times lol.... When I looked back at Live view after Playback the Time was off 10min from computer time...

So if you were going to say run 1 or 2 on Playback at a time then I would say this would be great... Trying to bring them in all at same time... Then use a Game Machine lol However for a computer just chilling in the closet and need something to record in a pinch.. I would use this and even the 4300Fx that I did testing on just don't try and play back to much or Live view to much not that you only want to look over 4 of your 8 or what not but go by what your computer can take...

Only going to load 1 Picture that is off the I3 This is just of the 4 off the CVI system loaded not doing other 2 IP camera for this picture wanted to show test much higher then newer Game Machine tested using the 4 IP cameras this only 2 1080 and 2 720P
Screenshot (158).png
Screenshot (158).png (448.29 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: ASP and PC-NVR your only means of Recording...

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh while thinking about it I thought I might want to mention that the I3 is Running Win 10 Pro on Aug 19 release update... As that might matter to some...

I have a few other computers I am going to test on... But I am not going to bet there will be anything better so I might not even write about it... However for some that have talked about using a Laptop... I have a couple that I might turn on lol. Been a while and just chilling for when I need them.. But one is a I5 4340m with 8gb ram the other not sure off top of my head I think it was worse like a n3520 or n3540 an old Bay Trail CPU it only has 4gb ram... Battery is bad so I haven't even turned it on for a couple of years lol.. But wonder how it might work... Not that I would want to leave them running 24/7 like I do my PC's....

This is an update of play 4 of the 6 seeing there was no motion on the 2 720 cameras to play back...
Screenshot (159).png
Screenshot (159).png (392.32 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Thanks for the post...

You've done a lot of PC performance testing. It reminded me of Blue Iris which I'm sure you have looked at. It's a PC video management system with LOTS of function. PC CPU utilization is also an important factor with BI. There's lots of BI information on that subject.

You said PC-NVR is not working on one of your PCs. I think I remember you saying in an earlier post that you have another vendor app with PC-NVR. If so, perhaps it has a conflict with ASP PC-NVR on that one PC. Just a thought...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks I was kind of thinking the same thing... I am not sure how I could find the Conflict... However i did have the IcRealtime PSS with the PC-NVR on another computer running... About a week ago I thought kind of same thing... It was V3 and thought maybe after I uninstalled it on the 2018 PC that it left some things behind.. So last week Un installed it on that computer and Installed Fresh Install of ASP with PC-NVR and it went up without any hitch... Able to install PC-NVR, Get the cameras all loaded in there no problem... So I then thought Lets un install this computer again the 2018 one, Rebooted computer even though I didn't on the other one I thought maybe there was something staying over on this... It is WIN 10 Pro where other is Win 10 Home... However after all things reinstalled and all cameras installed in Devices, Installed PC-NVR. Went and setup the PC-NVR with pass to auto start and boot like I did the last one... Rebooted the Computer There it was running in background ok... So I went to add the cameras like I have in all my other testing... Bring up ASP, Click on PC-NVR and it just CHILLS on the page never giving me the + to add. SO I even thought lets try and force add lol... NO Just never gives it to me...

SO I thought oK for kicks and Giggles lol... Un installed it again. This time Installing the IcRealtime PSS v3... Loaded all the cameras, loaded PC-NVR did everything just as I did before ^^^^... After reboot, started software, clicked on PC-NVR and within a Couple of Seconds it loaded with the area to add HDD space and the +. Added cameras did a hour run... Played them all back to double check no issues... Then i was like OK heaven knows I am starting to Enjoy this LOL NOT.... So uninstalled it.. Clearing as stated all data... Reboot computer.... played a game or 2... Came back installed ASP again... did everything as stated above again... And again ASP shows PC-NVR is online with Green dot but will not let anything go in.... So yeah I am at a loss lol.... I am about to think about trying something else lol I wonder what would happen if I try to pull in a different PC-NVR on a different computer lol hummm ... I have a few to try lol...
Screenshot (376).png
Screenshot (376).png (149.75 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah sadly there is an issue with my computer something in it has blocked it and don't know where to look.. I even tried one that is working... I was able to load it and get a Green light saying it was online... Still no go... you can see bigger image right click and pick open image in new tab... Just showing that PC-NVR is loaded online but not on my computer as you can see from ipconfig set of IPs for this computer...

Also before it is thought maybe IP issue even with it online it can't connect because of the Multi IPs that isn't the case because I did take out the other 2 Ips for only my 10.0.0.109 in other testing thinking that might be issue.....
Screenshot (378).png
Screenshot (378).png (129.05 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah Blue Iris lol yeah Great options nice features little heavy even though they say it will work with less...

Min. Requirements
Pent 2l-core or equivalent 2Ghz processr or hight
2Gb or more RAM
Microsoft Win7 or newer OS
Network IP cameras, One or more USB cams or an analog capture card with Direct Show drivers

Recommended Specs
Intel i7 w/QuickSync four hardware decoding
8Gb or Higher RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit
NvIDIA GPU for efficient screen display
7200+ RPM HDD or SSD drive

However again if I7 is recommended might as well buy a NVR or DVR system. While it can't do all or as much as some of the things in BI I also think you have to keep buying a Sub every year?
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Suggestion:
On your PC that doesn't work, check and see what's in your PC-NVR folder and see if it has the same files and file sizes as the ones I show below for ASP V1.
Also if after reboot, you have some autostartup procedure set up for PC-NVR that loads it before you start up ASP, check to see if it is starting the right PC-NVR.exe in the right location.

ASP V1.14.1.R.20161018
location.JPG
location.JPG (12.45 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
files.JPG
files.JPG (56.68 KiB) Viewed 1994 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes and dated as much the same besides the Win32 that is 529 so I am guessing that don't get deleted when I uninstall and that from first time I installed it.. Also I see there is some Partial files under SmarttRSS folder as well.. So i wll uninstall and delete all old files in that folder as well as the other HDD that I iunstalled it in as well lol try again. TY for the Folder info
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No same results yet again... It is ok. To be honest I use this computer the most every day. SO I will just have my i3 on 139 do the Full time recording on PC-NVR, PCj1900 on 101 is my FTP server and runs PC-NVR as Motion only recording and FTP backups of my Ipcams.

So while I did try again... Even took Screen shots every step lol... I give up on it working on this PC.. .I have many others that it works on well enough...

This time the Win32 folder does have todays date... It was strange that before I deleted the folders this last time the Win32 date was from the first time i loaded it... Geez I have had it on 3 or more times since.. I guess pulling off files out of it...

So today I also Tried to install in my SSD Drive, in my 3 other 1tb drives on this computer and same result on each... Green light that PC-NVR is working in Devices but when I click on the PC-NVR to load up and setup cameras to record the ability to make changes or add cameras never shows up... Just sits there Blank...

After each un install I did go back and delete the Left overs... Also each time I clicked that it was ok for Network in both Private and public as I have in the past...

Oh well. Thanks for the Folder Info again...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So did some more testing today and at first I thought I found something that might matter to some... Then maybe I didn't find anything at all..However looking at the data from before I found that working on the 9 smaller windows had low good numbers for Performance... I Put same set in the 6 window setup where 1 is larger then the others and while at first I thought it did jump looking over it some time after I seen the 3 to 5% higher over all I don't think will matter much... So good news is once all is setup and set to Record with ASP off and mind you all the testing I did in the past was only with ASP running and blah blah lol... I can say that without ASP running the CPU load is very little. I have yet to do any other testing like normal web and or youtube videos as of yet... HOwever here are Today's finding.

This last picture is right after closing ASP and only thing running at the time was PC-NVR and what ever else may have been running in the Background...
Be Safe.