ASP and PC-NVR

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
blastradius

ASP and PC-NVR

Post by blastradius »

I am a new user to these Cameras and software. I have a IPM-T1179E. I decided to test out the software and functions before going through the trouble of installing these. I wasted alot of money on blink cameras and I wanted something better but don't need any thing that breaks the bank for my needs. I have installed the Amcrest software along with PC-NVR on my Windows Server 2022. When i setup PC-NVR in ASP, and assign a camera to it for recording. The PC-NVR will lose connection after anywhere from 2-5 minutes, when reviewing playback at the time it loses connection it says Device Offline. What is happening is PC-NVR is reverting back to default settings after this 2-5 minute span. It unassigns my camera from the devices in PC-NVR and also resets the recording schedule. Please help. Can submit video of issue occurring if needed.
blastradius

Re: ASP and PC-NVR

Post by blastradius »

When viewing it on the "Devices" page of ASP it also shows it going offline and online after this span of minutes.
blastradius

Post by blastradius »

Downloading Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2.0 Beta (Windows Only) which looks to be just a little older version than the newest on the armcrest download page. It seems to be working correctly now.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So not sure what the issue is to be honest, I have the one from the web page and it works without much issue. I mean I do have a problem that I have heard others mention they have and mine might not be as hard core as they said theirs is, But that is after playback of some events or event if I leave the playback window open and go back to live view after a few minutes the app will crash. Only after playback. I have had the app open right now for the last 6 days with 4 cameras in Live View and no issues.

So here is a Question I have for your setup. Are you using the Cameras Serial Number or the IP of the camera?
Also 1179E are you using POE switch or Power supply? New or old power supply?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
blastradius

Post by blastradius »

using a 48v POE injector for now, cant order the switch I want due to out of stock. Now that i've jumped down a version I have had 0 issues. I set the camera up via IP. Followed alot of guides while troubleshooting my issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok will try and pass it along. So I am clear,

First time you had downloaded the one off the web. Then you connected and setup your cameras using that software (you didn't use WebUI first?) then after you setup your camera you started having issues with the camera going offline and was able to see that in ASP Devices page.

However since DL the version that is on the Forum under Beta and using that version you have not had any issue since using that software?

Had you tried to uninstall and Reinstall the First version of the ASP before installing the beta? Also might be that there was some Data issues with the DL or install of the first package? Maybe the Beta is using some data left over from the Stable release that is making the Beta version work perfect? There is a lot of things that can make or break software.

Did you ever log into the Cameras WebUI?
What is the Version of Firmware you using?
Be Safe
blastradius

Post by blastradius »

Yea that sounds right, the web UI for each camera did work correctly. I did try to uninstall and reinstall several times. Firmware for the cameras is V2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2020-09-04 I did not check for an updated firmware yet. I wanted to get everything working before doing so to make sure they were going to work out for me. So far after the hiccups I am very pleased.
blastradius

Post by blastradius »

Figures, so I logged into the server while i was at work after i posted this last post. The NVR shows offline. The program is still running, I was able to exit the program PC-NVR to try to restart it. It restarted now its doing the exact same thing. *shrug*
blastradius

Post by blastradius »

If i try to exit it now, i put in the password and it says timeout
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah there are just a little to many things that can make software over camera hardware not look so good. Personally I would get the Cameras working well in WebUI, I would maybe look to see if there is a new FW as well, I personally don't like DL NEW FW always seeing there are somethings that change I don't want changed. However seeing the cameras already have a 2020 FW it can only get better if there is a newer one... With some of the older cameras with FW from 2018 or older and people are used to the cameras with that set I personally like the cameras on older FW. Also last I knew when your in your cameras WebUI or IP config or ASP and want to look for a Update that could go over the Web last I knew only upto 2018 FW will go up. All other will need to be DL from the Web page.

I don't know that camera, It might be that the camera in that set has issues, it could be ASP, I mean I have some minor issues with my ASP and I personally don't use it much and more then not just for testing out cameras, DVR/NVR playback or seeing how long it can stay open without crashing.. I use my DVR/NVR's for recording most of my cameras, I do have a few that I use ASP and PC-NVR just for backup and testing..

When it comes to ASP, or other software there are many different things that can happen to make them unstable. SO I use WebUI for desktop monitoring or for Config changes to my cameras.. Seems to have best results for me..
Be Safe