Armcrest Surveillance Pro eventually slows down my computer

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
koihoi

Armcrest Surveillance Pro eventually slows down my computer

Post by koihoi »

Hello, I'm using V2.003.0000001.0 Date: 2020-11-30

I have ASH21-B and IP3M-941w connected to Amcrest Surveillance Pro. When viewing both cameras in Live View eventually my computer nearly halts. Moving program windows becomes chuggish, fps in games drops to single digits, any action takes a long time complete, and Armcrest Surveillance Pro freezes. This goes away once I use task manager to end Armcrest Sureillance Pro. Reinstall has not solved the problem.

My computer:

Windows 10 Pro 19042
1xS2721DGF and 1xU2312HM
Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia RTX3080
16GB Ram
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Armcrest Surveillance Pro eventually slows down my computer

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sadly said for many years that I don't like ASP and this is why.. However to be fair it isn't ASP as a whole.. Don't Leave up Live View when playing games only use ASP when you want to watch your system and let PC-NVR do it's recording as it does in the Background..
Be Safe.
koihoi

Post by koihoi »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 pm Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Sadly said for many years that I don't like ASP and this is why.. However to be fair it isn't ASP as a whole.. Don't Leave up Live View when playing games only use ASP when you want to watch your system and let PC-NVR do it's recording as it does in the Background..
Hi, I currently don't use PC-NVR. ASP also does this without any games running such as when I'm just browsing or doing work. Is there another program I can use to view my two cameras while I'm working?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well you might try SmartPSS from Dahua and see if that cures any issues your having with ASP.. Others talk about some other programs they use however I personally don't like the idea of using 3rd party software because they would have the Password to my device so that it is up to the end user.. SmartpSS is 3rd party as well however it is only one that I trust outside Amcrest for their products..
Be Safe.