Amcrest View Pro- Exceeded Maximum Connections ??

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rdoolit

Amcrest View Pro- Exceeded Maximum Connections ??

Post by rdoolit »

I recently added an IP5M-1190W PTZ WiFi camera to my network. When I view the camera on the Amcrest View Pro App I get an error message
"Exceeded Maximum Connections". When I unplug the camera and plug it back in, I can view it for awhile and then I get the error message again.
All other cameras are working properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro- Exceeded Maximum Connections ??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I would look at the Cameras WebUI and make sure that the Max Connections was not reduced to a number to low for your current needs..

Meaning if you have DVR/NVR that it connects to and ASP, AVP and your computer, maybe a couple of family members or friends have access you will want to make sure not to lower that Max connection to low. Some cameras come setup with 120 some 30 if you were to lower it to 3 and have NVR, ASP and you then was working in WebUI. However wanted to look at the camera and bring up AVP you would be maxed out on the connections.
Be Safe.
jmdavila

Post by jmdavila »

Hi,

Any luck on this matter?

I recently installed one and I am having the same issue "Exceeded Maximum Connections" error and after that I cannot access it until disconnecting it from A/C. I can only access the camera through the AMCrest Cloud but not directly (via IP) nor the "AMCrest View Pro" app. Firmare is up-to-date.

I checked the Network "Max Connections (1~20)", I have changed it from 10 up to 20, and same error.

Any help is appreciated.
Griffida

Post by Griffida »

My MP5-1190 is doing the same thing after I put it on the cloud.
It is running the most current firmware of 07-2022.
It did not do this until I added it to Amcrest Cloud.
Definitely a software issue.
happyendings59

Post by happyendings59 »

I'm having the same issue on one of my Wifi Cameras (ASH-22-W). I don't even see where this maximum number of connections setting is.
troubleshooter

Post by troubleshooter »

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what was causing this. Hopefully nobody has to go through the same thing i went through and finds this answer :lol: I changed the IP of the camera with config tool and it ended up fixing this error on both my dahua and amcrest cameras
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I understand how changing your IP would make it any different to a Max Connection error. That error is based on what someone sets up in the camera or DVR/NVR connection status. This normally to help reduce people from making bad connections to your device. Like changing a IP camera from 10 to 4 if you have it setup to work with a NVR, ASP/AVP and have maybe a family member that would connect with WebUI or another app then that would be 4 connections so anyone trying to hack that connection wouldn't be able to unless all other connections to the camera were not currently online.
Screenshot (1801).png
Screenshot (1801).png (114.87 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Be Safe.
troubleshooter

Post by troubleshooter »

@Revo2Maxx yes I did change that setting to the max (20) and was having the same issue (i only have 3 devices connected my nvr and 2 phones). I even factory reset the camera to default and would get the same error. It was not until I manually changed the ip I was able to rid of the error. I'm just as confused as you are on why it worked but it did im not a networking expert but glad its working lol although I will add none of my cameras were ever on amcrest cloud
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Do you happen to remember the IP you had the camera on and what camera are you working with? I would love to maybe see if I have the same camera and if I can get the same result. Not that I have every camera offered by Amcrest but if I happen to have one or even maybe get one I would love to test this issue out. Also good to know what FW the camera is on? With all this and if the camera is still getting updates it would be important to duplicate this issue so Amcrest can get a FW out to correct the issue again this would only be something that are still able to get FW updates on.. Other then that if able to Duplicate they might at least post that could have issues with IP xxxx and so on..

Thanks for the updated info.. Very strange for sure..
Be Safe.
CloudCricket

Post by CloudCricket »

troubleshooter wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:55 pm I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what was causing this. Hopefully nobody has to go through the same thing i went through and finds this answer :lol: I changed the IP of the camera with config tool and it ended up fixing this error on both my dahua and amcrest cameras
I was having the same issue and this worked for me. Thanks!