Amcrest View Pro- Exceeded Maximum Connections ??

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
troubleshooter

Re: Amcrest View Pro- Exceeded Maximum Connections ??

Post by troubleshooter »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:55 pm Do you happen to remember the IP you had the camera on and what camera are you working with? I would love to maybe see if I have the same camera and if I can get the same result. Not that I have every camera offered by Amcrest but if I happen to have one or even maybe get one I would love to test this issue out. Also good to know what FW the camera is on? With all this and if the camera is still getting updates it would be important to duplicate this issue so Amcrest can get a FW out to correct the issue again this would only be something that are still able to get FW updates on.. Other then that if able to Duplicate they might at least post that could have issues with IP xxxx and so on..

Thanks for the updated info.. Very strange for sure..
@Revo2Maxx
yes previous ip was 10.0.0.141 I changed it to 10.0.0.140 model is IP5M-T1179E firmware version is V2.820.00AC000.0.R

I believe what caused this issue in the first place on my end was the camera losing power and disconnecting/reconnecting overnight multiple times back to back all night ( a alot) which seems more of a user error on my end in my set up rather than the cameras fault as my dahua camera is doing the same. However it didn't make sense how no matter what i did I couldn't get rid of the exceeded max connections error until I changed the IP of the camera.
troubleshooter

Post by troubleshooter »

CloudCricket wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:31 pm
troubleshooter wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:55 pm I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what was causing this. Hopefully nobody has to go through the same thing i went through and finds this answer :lol: I changed the IP of the camera with config tool and it ended up fixing this error on both my dahua and amcrest cameras
I was having the same issue and this worked for me. Thanks!
I'm glad it worked for you. I kept coming back to this thread hoping for a solution in my troubleshooting journey makes me happy I could save others the pain lol
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting, I do have another camera on that IP, I don't have that camera at the Moment, It was one I have been looking at off and on for past couple of years.. I do know that there have been others around this and maybe other forums that say the 10.0.0.xx range is bad. Oddly I have had my main Router setup for that for many years. When people say they are having issues it don't compute with me because I have a good few cameras and DVR/NVRs on my network.

No cable changes? Just IP change?

Thank you for the Update..
Be Safe.
troubleshooter

Post by troubleshooter »

@Revo2Maxx, I just noticed something when I encountered the error again (disconnects and reconnects caused by a faulty power supply for the cameras on my end). When I restarted my Amcrest NVR, I observed that it automatically changed the IP of the NVR. Now, without changing the IP of the cameras, I was able to view the live feed with my NVR and phones using Amcrest View Pro. Perhaps the IP of the NVR got rate-limited/blocked or something, as it kept trying to establish connections. I'm not sure why this would correlate with the View Pro app, though. Surprisingly, this fixed the issue without having to change the camera IPs. I will say before I never troubleshooted anything with the NVR and just messed with the cams
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure, Is the issue a connection on the NVR or the cameras? Also most of my NVRs are setup for 128 connections. I used to play with the numbers, However for the NVRs I no longer do because of connections issues that can happen with the camera and recorder and not really what I call a true connection from the outside. So I now just leave all my recorders setup for the default settings for Max.. For best practice making DVR/NVRs Ip static and the cameras Static is best.
Be Safe.