amcrest surveillance pro stuck

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Oleg

amcrest surveillance pro stuck

Post by Oleg »

Hi !

After a while (~5 months of usage) Amcrest surveillance pro stuck whenever I try to open app settings. (Gear at top right corner. ) so I have to kill process and run app again.
Also I can't change configuration for the cameras and NVRs. 'Camera' and 'Encoding' and 'Network" buttons are not working. simply doing nothing on click. Basically every button isn't working (as at attached pic)
I have tried reinstalling an app over, without prior UN-installing. Didn't help.

I would love to uninstall and perform clean install but I can't perform the backup due to first problem with settings button.

Windows 10 PRO.

Best,
Oleg
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (53.47 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: amcrest surveillance pro stuck

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would double check that you have your system logged into the Admin account and try again. If it is Then I would log into the NVR and do a Reset of your NVR maybe.

First I would double check that your logged in the right account. If your on a different admin account I would double check that you have access to that menu.

I just looked at mine and I can click on the gear and access all items in the menu even did a Backup at the bottom of the page.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Account is right one. I have multiple NVRs and stand alone cameras . Not accessible for configuration.
I can I access them all from another machine with ASP installed, (test one) .
Looks like there is problem with this particular ASP installed at main machine. No changes were made since it was deployed few months ago. Neither to Windows OS not to ASP itself. It simply stopped responding however there are no problem with Live View, PC-NVR, Playback and so on.
I'm facing problems with Devices/Device CFG tabs and ASF Settings only. I can add new devices no problem but when it comes to configure it I get issues.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Oleg, you wrote:
"I would love to uninstall and perform clean install but I can't perform the backup due to first problem with settings button."

You could try saving your last backup files and then restore them after after an uninstall and clean install on your main PC.  Or if your other PC that works OK has an up-to-date config, then do a backup there and use the backup files on your main PC after clean install.