Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Mac is not working

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
kurak38

Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Mac is not working

Post by kurak38 »

Hi,
I just installed Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Mac from here https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro and I can't get it to working.
It detect cameras but in "RealPlay", I am adding new group but it does not appear in menu. Adding again says, that group already exists. I cannot live view cameras then.
The app seems to be quite old (notice misaligned UI and really old top right corner controls). I tried running it with sudo, but still.
Anyone get it to working?
Version config says it is SMART PSS TipNo 1.11.1 from 2016...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.32.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 11.32.53 AM.png (185.93 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
WilliamA

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro on Mac is not working

Post by WilliamA »

We are all still waiting for the updated Mac OS version of Amcrest Survellance Pro. Apple is about to release their new Mac OS and the current version of Amcrest Survellance Pro will no longer work since its a 32 bit app.

Amcrest please provide an update.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

One other possibility:
"As you may know, macOS Catalina drops support for 32-bit Mac. Still want to run those applications? It’s not a problem for Parallels Desktop users. Just create a macOS VM for Mojave or High Sierra, or any other recent macOS. You can run those applications in that macOS VM. And the best part is that there’s no cost in creating a macOS VM. Watch for a future blog post with all the details." That statement is in https://www.parallels.com/blogs/just-re ... p-for-mac/
ColoArtist

Post by ColoArtist »

Looks like Apple will be releasing MacOS Catalina next week. After which the current 32-bit version of Surveillance Pro will no longer run on the newest MacOS.

Any plans of releasing a 64-bit version before this occurs?

And yes, I could install an older version of MacOS under Parallels, but although I do have the application it still means losing 15GB of disk space for the virtual engine, plus I'd have to fire up Parallels, start up MacOS, and then open Pro simply to check my cameras.
James.S

Post by James.S »

@ColoArtist

Welcome to the Forum!

I have worked quite closely with our R&D and Engineering team. Unfortunately, I do not have any ETA on release, We sent our final results for the finished product. I am waiting for our for the team to get back to us with a finished product or a final test version. I understand the importance of the update coming out before the new release. However, the support team at this time does not have updated software as of yet.

I am sorry for this inconvenience and will be updating our a forum of any news.
ColoArtist

Post by ColoArtist »

Thank you for your prompt response.

I'm disappointed the 64-bit version isn't already available, but I am glad to hear there is one being worked on.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

Try using P2P Camera Serial Number entry, it seems to over ride lots of issues.
dmsacco

Post by dmsacco »

James.S wrote: @ColoArtist

Welcome to the Forum!

I have worked quite closely with our R&D and Engineering team. Unfortunately, I do not have any ETA on release, We sent our final results for the finished product. I am waiting for our for the team to get back to us with a finished product or a final test version. I understand the importance of the update coming out before the new release. However, the support team at this time does not have updated software as of yet.

I am sorry for this inconvenience and will be updating our a forum of any news.
Hi James, would you happen to have an update on this issue at all? It is VERY dishearting that not more than a year ago I spent $1500.00+ in Amcrest only to not be compatible do to advancing OS upgrades (Microsoft also upgrades). Amcrest offers no help when calling them for an explanation, not what I would have expected. Any insight would be great, thank you!
Kwing

Post by Kwing »

Hi @dmsacco ,

We do have a beta Surveillance Pro for Catalina on this thread:

https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-surve ... 13118.html

Our next update will include P2P remote access and it currently being developed.

Thank you.
dmsacco

Post by dmsacco »

Thank you! I must have missed this thread? I'm happier now.