Amcrest Surveillance Pro macOS

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Jaketate

Amcrest Surveillance Pro macOS

Post by Jaketate »

I'm really new to all of this please bare with me. With this software will I be able to set up my Mac Mini as a NVR for the ADC2W cameras? One of the videos I watched about setting up a NVR said some features may not be available on macOS.
jack7

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro macOS

Post by jack7 »

Someone just deleted your same post, and my answer in the other thread.

My answer was:
No. you can not do that with Mac. You could possibly do it with a PC and Surveillance Pro using its PC-NVR feature.. You would need to test it though because your Amcrest Home camera is a little different than most Amcrest cameras.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 They Deleted the Post and says reason was because they moved it...

About your answer I don't see anything about your post being deleted.. While I have not seen anything in the past where someone moved threads or deleting a post would remove anything under it..

Edit: I did however remove a double post in that thread I don't see anything about your post being removed <- This is in error my Delete was from a different thread where it was a double thought it was where they posted but was different thread altogether...
Be Safe.
Jaketate

Post by Jaketate »

I actually deleted the post and moved it out of the thread because I wasn't sure if it was the proper place to ask. Sorry for the confusion.

So Surveillance Pro for macOS is only able to view live feeds?

Can a Mac be used as a NVR with any of the Amcrest cameras?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Jaketate wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:07 pm
So Surveillance Pro for macOS is only able to view live feeds?
No, see video below.
Can a Mac be used as a NVR with any of the Amcrest cameras?
Not with Amcrest software.
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dat-wff-dY&app=desktop
Jaketate

Post by Jaketate »

@jack7 What software would you recommend?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Jaketate wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:33 pm @jack7 What software would you recommend?
I don't use Apple and don't know. Suggest you do some research on Mac VMS (Video Management Systems).
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 pm @jack7 They Deleted the Post and says reason was because they moved it...

About your answer I don't see anything about your post being deleted.. While I have not seen anything in the past where someone moved threads or deleting a post would remove anything under it..

Edit: I did however remove a double post in that thread I don't see anything about your post being removed <- This is in error my Delete was from a different thread where it was a double thought it was where they posted but was different thread altogether...
@Revo2Maxx
Thanks, I think I entered my reply right when the other post was being deleted.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awww Ok.. So like when I am posting something and another post pops up before I can end my post when I go to Submit it tells me there is something new... SO I can either post or edit and not post after all.. Ok glad to hear something wasn't going on with the Forum.. Friday no fun to have things broke for a weekend..
Be Safe.