Amcrest Surveillance Pro FTP Upload Delay

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
281NTS

Amcrest Surveillance Pro FTP Upload Delay

Post by 281NTS »

Good Morning,

Last week I was able to set up the motion detection FTP upload process for my AMDV8M8-H5 DVR via Amcrest Surveillance Pro; however, there's quite a delay (about 5 minutes) between logging of the event and actual appearance in the local computer's FTP folder.

Is there any way to decrease this delay? My current settings on the FTP screen are a length of 10 "M"s (megabytes, I'm thinking?) and an interval of 1 S.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro FTP Upload Delay

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sounds like your talking about a full time recording and not an event. My ftp event to ftp are fast for pictures and videos as soon as that event time concludes. So if your event time is 4min then the system has to record the event and then shoots it to your ftp. For me anyway there is no delay.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting I have had mine off for a while, I turned them back on for testing this out. Mind you I have a 16ch of the same model

I setup min for 2M and sure enough I have pictures right away but the video takes very long time before it is sent to the FTP server.. I just Formatted my HDD wish I hadn't lol. Anyway I had data on there since last Nov, I like that it started to backup the data to the FTP server but didn't want that and now that was why I started to turn off the FTP because I didn't want to fill my server will all things on my DVR when I still have over 1.2tb of a 3tb hdd. So I will turn it off again but thought maybe the delay was because it was still backing up the data from the past so I formatted the HDD and after the reboot and next event it took long time to get the video even though the pictures were instant.

So I am not sure. I have not really paid much mind to the whole time it takes for it to send FTP. For me the FTP isn't something that I refer to much unless there is something that I wanted to go back to and found that I had removed the data from my DVR's HDD. The Playback and search functions on the WebUI or GUI of the DVR is much faster and ease of use. FTP for historical use.

One thing to remember about a DVR is that it is the Computer brains of the whole system. Unlike a NVR that the camera is the main brain and the NVR is just a Recorder of the data as the camera sees it. On the DVR the DVR has to process that data. IT puts it to HDD, then it makes the data ready for other use. If you need something fast that you can look at from remote like you can FTP, maybe setup Push for your events on the channels you need data playback on very fast. For me I get the event notice before the car even passes the total event area with the cars going 25 plus mph. The thing is. When you setup for Image, it will play out like a video for the event or you could use video as your push but for me anyway I like the Image is faster and I can see the whole event as it happens before it is even over I have an alert with ability to play it back
Be Safe.
281NTS

Post by 281NTS »

Thank you very much for your super quick and in-depth response - sounds like the same result I got. Anytime I adjust the settings regarding the schedule or the schedule settings on the FTP screen, it'll start shoving every event that's happened in the last 24 hours (or whatever the scheduler is set for I guess, haven't played around with it enough) to the FTP, but once it catches up, the latency remains. Maybe I need to be relying on the images for quick record keeping like you are, I'll turn them on now and see if they're any quicker.

My goal in setting this FTP up is to auto backup footage to a cloud service immediately in the case of someone taking/disconnecting the DVR. Amcrest View Pro has various settings in the software for cloud service hookup, but what I've read on their site is that they don't yet support DVR to cloud connections. If that's not true, I wouldn't mind paying the monthly fee for that process. I'm probably abusing the point of an FTP upload by doing that, but I figured I'd try all my options before purchasing a different DVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a couple of things to remember when it comes to the DVR over an NVR. by default it will setup the DVR for the smaller images for the fastest connection to a Mobile Device. I personally don't like that so in the Snapshot page setup I change the format of the image to be 960h in size rather then 352x240 aka CIF. However keep in mind that the 960h is pulled wide and might be better using the VGA setting of 704x480. The 960h format is 960x480 so what ever one works for you

Keep in mind that you will want to change the format type on the right area. When you bring up the page it will default on Scheduled. click that and choose event. Then make the change there.. Here are 2 pictures that was sent to the FTP one the wider one is 960h format and the smaller is 704x480 and that is D1 normal..
XVR_ch1_20230225161016_E.jpg
XVR_ch1_20230225161016_E.jpg (39.06 KiB) Viewed 4273 times
XVR_ch1_20230225161730_E.jpg
XVR_ch1_20230225161730_E.jpg (25.84 KiB) Viewed 4273 times
Be Safe.