Amcrest Surveillance Pro doesn't find cameras

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
camnewbie

Amcrest Surveillance Pro doesn't find cameras

Post by camnewbie »

I have two 4K POE cameras that work fine on my IOS app. In Config IP the cameras are detected but in Surveillance Pro, the cameras aren't detected. I need to know what to do to correct this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro doesn't find cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the the Forum...

So in your IOS are you using P2P or you using the IP to make your connections to the cameras?

When you bring up ASP and go to Devices, click add are you picking the IP that you know your cameras are? and did you change the port that they were set at to something other then the settings that I think ASP starts out with 37777 as the TCP port however if you changed to a different port you will need to make sure that you have that PORT added.

Have you tried to connect to the cameras over the IP address with IE?

Did you make any changes in the Camera settings that might make it not reachable?
Be Safe.
camnewbie

Post by camnewbie »

Thanks for your reply. On my iphone I used P2P to set up the two cameras. On the iphone with the Amcrest View Pro app, I have been able to view the cameras with no problem. The problem is on my PC with ASP where it didn't automatically detect the cameras. When I used IP Config on my PC the cameras were automatically detected and I am able to view the cameras feeds. So back to ASP, I have added the cameras manually and they show to be online but I am not to view them in Live View. I believe your questions were for not being able to view them on my iphone which I am able to but to answer the questions I have not changed any ports and the only app I am not able to Live View is with ASP on my PC. Hope this helps.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to ask the questions that I have to ask at times. Please remember I am not there so I am not sure what has or hasn't been done.

When you click live view for the cameras in ASP on the right side of the ASP window comes up a list of grouped items. Multi cameras or even DVR/NVR will list if added. Did you happen to click on the Camera name or IP that is in that list and drag it to the window you want to view it in? Or are you getting the message Failed to Open?
Be Safe.
camnewbie

Post by camnewbie »

Don't apologize for being thorough, it is understandable. I clicked on camera's name, as you suggested, and dragged them to the window and guess what....it worked!! Thank you so much!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear you got it working...
Be Safe.