Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2 Beta V2.003.00AC000.0.R.200426 (Windows Only)

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Kwing

Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2 Beta V2.003.00AC000.0.R.200426 (Windows Only)

Post by Kwing »

Amcrest Users,

Our Amcrest Surveillance 2 beta has just been updated. Please feel free to download the new version and let us know if there are any occurring issues with it.

Note: It is recommended to completely uninstall the previous version before installing the latest update. This will not erase any settings or recordings of your current devices. However you will need to re-add them back into the platform.

Caution :!:
This Test Software is only for Windows.

Although fully tested to work with Amcrest models there may be some settings or configuration bugs that the development team still needs to work on

Software Beta

For Windows ONLY

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrhbv5g6h7bls ... 6.exe?dl=0

Thank you,
Kwing L.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Surveillance Pro 2 Beta V2.003.00AC000.0.R.200426 (Windows Only)

Post by longedge »

PC-NVR password setting during installation doesn't 'stick'. Even though you've set your own password and gone through the 'secret questions', PC-NVR username and password remains as admin/admin until after installation is complete and you change it via the systray icon.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
timcin

Post by timcin »

I have been using Amcrest Surveillance Pro v1.14.1 for several years and have been able to view my 2 local computers via their IP addresses and 2 remote cameras via P2P. I just tried this latest version. I can connect and view my 2 local cameras but the 2 remote cameras won't work. I've added their serial numbers and their correct login and passwords and they will not connect.

Please help
timcin
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Please remember this is Beta.. I have used P2P as well on older V1 and V2 ASP and have worked it seems this new Beta has some type of issue at this time connecting with P2P devices.. While it does give the Option I no longer get the connected Green icon when adding a Camera P2P all others on IP connect without issue... If they want to keep the feature of P2P in ASP they will need to work on that for Release. Part of being a Beta is learning what is working and what isn't..

I can confirm in ASP P2P feature is there for setting up a connection but once a Valid SN, user and Pass is entered it don't connect to that camera...

Edit:
Also thought might have been issue with a connection of FW of camera but I have tried Cameras with 2019, 2020 and 2017 FW and all cameras entered as P2P setup no matter the FW connected with the camera won't connect
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
Apparently ASP V1 is no longer available. The "official" download page below downloads ASP V2 dated 2020-04-26 which the same as the ASP V2 Beta in this thread.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... llance-Pro
@Kwing may need to provide some details on this.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah I don't know.. I load and unload as I don't personally like what ASP does to my cameras when linked to different recorders. Was using it on my FTP server just for my ASH21 but have since pulled that and added my ASh21 to a different NVR for full time recording..

Had a different company that had a V2 or at least one that was over the 1.41 it has since changed and now the V2 says on their page it was released 9 2020 so now I don't know.. Strange things with PSS or ASP
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Found out some interesting things about ASP will have to figure out what the issue is... As I know it should work as other software like ASP the feature works..
Be Safe
coolgreany

Post by coolgreany »

I just got a new laptop and downloaded the new version but can't get it to recognize the NVR as Online after adding it in. It appears I can import config settings but the file extensions for importing in the new version are totally different than the export file extension from the old ASP version.

Am I missing something or is there no way to export the config from the old version to new?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly there was some issue with the last release of ASP and will soon have a new Release that fixes this.. However if you want to use your system you can get your NVR to come online by use the IP rather then the P2P and while this will not work for everyone looking to use the defective software because the NVR or DVR is Remote it will work for ones in your own network..

I can and I have installed cameras on IP in the defective software and at times for some reason it will act like it can find the device and infact I have Deleted a camera after seeing it said couldn't find Network host because it just was taking to long and just as I hit the Delete the Red Icon went Green lol.. So I added it back and sure enough it worked...

Also keep in mind that is you setup some or all of your cameras to use IP Filtering make sure the computer your setting up has been added to the Cameras or Dvr/Nvr's list of Good IP's I ran into that with one of my computers I was testing the NEW ASP on.. Sadly the IP for that computer I have not used to access any of my filtered cameras and after a couple fail tries I remembered some of my systems are Filtered.. After adding the Camera the ASP came online without issue..
Be Safe
coolgreany

Post by coolgreany »

coolgreany wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:22 am I just got a new laptop and downloaded the new version but can't get it to recognize the NVR as Online after adding it in. It appears I can import config settings but the file extensions for importing in the new version are totally different than the export file extension from the old ASP version.

Am I missing something or is there no way to export the config from the old version to new?
Update: I reinstalled ASP and somehow (miraculously) it's now working.

However, the only thing that does not appear to be working on the new laptop from a remote location (such as Starbucks) is the access from MS Edge (or whatever it's called now) using the link http://192.xxx.xx.xx:37775/ that works from the older laptop.